What about Rainbow 6 Patriots?

I think alot of bad publicity came about because the game pushed the idea that people who are gun lovers, lovers of freedom, constitutionalists and such are, the enemy in the game. I haven't heard anything about it as of a couple years ago. Did it ship? maybe.. I don't know.

Well I found this article over at IGN, written a few days ago, discussing what has happened to R6 Patriots. It looks like they went back to the drawing board

Ubisoft has provided another brief update on Rainbow 6: Patriots. In an interview at Gamescom, Ubisoft executive director Alain Corre said that work is still underway on the game, but that the team wants to get it "perfect" before it's re-revealed.

?On Rainbow 6, it?s still cooking,? Corre told IGN. ?It?s an important franchise for Ubisoft. We want to make sure, on this one, like all the other games we?re working on, that we bring it when we feel it?s perfect.?

When asked if the game will still be called Patriots and if it?s the same premise as the original reveal, Corre was coy.

?We can?t say yet. We?re iterating,? he said. ?What we want is to have a compelling story. We want people who play the next Rainbow 6 to be astonished, to be very pleased with what they see. You?ve seen that the improvement in games over the last few years has been exponential. We have to reflect that improvement in quality. That?s what we?re doing on all our games.?

?What we have to do, and it?s something that is very important for us, is that we bring a new iteration when we believe that we have enough creativity, enough innovation, to make something worth waiting for,? he said. ?On some games, it happens more often. Creation is not an exact science. When we?re happy with what we see, when we think we can bring something new to gamers, then we say, ?okay, this is a good time to release it.??

At E3, Ubisoft confirmed to IGN that Rainbow 6: Patriots has shifted to next-gen consoles but never actually used the title "Patriots" in referring to it. Very few concrete details about Rainbow 6 have been revealed since its original announcement, and the game was even removed from GameStop's database back in May.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/08/22/gamescom-rainbow-6-patriots-still-cooking

I hope whatever they do with it, they bring back some more tactical elements. Really saddened me to see the Rainbow Six series turned into yet another run-of-the-mill shooter. They lost the plot with Ghost Recon for that matter as well.

From what I've seen of Ubisoft's other next-gen titles (which look pretty unique) I am a little bit hopeful that they have something new planned for Rainbow Six now too.

I think they showed it way too early and from the reaction realised they might be going in the wrong direction or retooling it for next gen.

I wouldn't expect it till late 2015.

While this game was looking decent I am glad The Division & Watch_Dogs were prioritized, maybe its a good thing it comes later in the console lifespan, learn techniques from other releases & make it awesome! Going back and playing Vegas 1&2 is nostalgic but painful gameplay mechanics compared to recent games.