Photo

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 MorganX

MorganX

MegaZilla™

• 3,750 posts
  • OS: Digita Storm Bolt, Windows 8.1 x64 Pro w/Media Center Pack, Server 2k12 - Core i7 3770K/16GB DDR3/OCZ Vector 256GB/Gigabyte GTX 760
  • Phone: HTC One 64GB

Posted 27 August 2013 - 00:24

Arguably they're already "merged" from a technical standpoint, so all that's left is the UI - and I don't see how you can really translate one to the other.

It makes even less sense than forcing Metro on the desktop.

The Start Page for both is basically a block of resizable squares. It would be different code but I don't see why it couldn't just be Windows ... Mobile (gulp) or touch or something with all the development being under the same umbrella.

#17 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 00:48

According to WZOR, Windows 9 will be similar to the desktop OS we know today. He claims that Microsoft is planning to bring the old Aero interface back, but not as we all know it. That's all he teases regarding the Aero interface, but he also claims that Windows 9 will make an appearance in a years time, Much sooner than expected.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it come out in a years time but I highly doubt that Microsoft will go back to Aero this quick. I feel the Windows 8 brand has been damaged and the only way to salvage things will be to release 9.