The Xbox One Might Be Out On November 8

The Xbox One Might Be Out On November 8

The PlayStation 4 is out in the US on November 15. The Xbox One? Well, it's looking like it could hit the market a week ahead of its competitor.

While Microsoft is yet to officially announce the big day, and "release dates" on retailer sites are usually little more than window dressing, we've heard from someone a little closer to the launch that Microsoft is planning a November 8 release for its latest console.

The source, who works for a marketing company that handles signage and product placement for retail giant Walmart, passed along what they say is an email for a company conference call that lists all the midnight openings the chain has planned.

As you can see, alongside the big holiday games, and just before the PS4, is the Xbox One, at November 8. Note however that, unlike every other date listed, the Xbox One's lacks a "confirmed" status, suggesting Microsoft is yet to lock the date down.

The fact it's not locked down of course means the day could change, but it also suggests it's a recent decision. Almost as though Microsoft were waiting for Sony to commit to a day before scheduling their own launch, in order to get the jump on the PS4...

ku-xlarge.jpg

Source: Kotaku

Well, that'd be cool if true.   I'll probably just buy one even though my market isn't one of the ones listed, just have to use prepaid cards till I can use my CC later on.    All the disc based games will run just fine since nothing is region locked now.

Good to see you Ironman. And that would be a nice date. I don't get it, why the mystery at all? Console is a couple months from launching, people are pre ordering, having no confirmed date to plan for is just bad form.

Hehe... Let's see how it goes.  I'm not sure console launch was the best time to come back ;-)

Anyways, I think the end of the Kotaku article gets it right.  Microsoft has been outmaneuvered in the media by Sony so far and they wanted a leg up after the Sony launch announcement.

Yeah,its the best time to come back Ironman. Should make us feel eight years younger. Its like 2005 all over again! :-)

I bet you guys think I am new here (because of "new" name) :p

well clearly you've been here longer than most and have quite a few posts...I am trying to figure out who you were before, as in your previous handle...forgive me, I've been out of the loop for a while

well clearly you've been here longer than most and have quite a few posts...I am trying to figure out who you were before, as in your previous handle...forgive me, I've been out of the loop for a while

dhan - we fought together in the console wars of 2004-2006 :shifty:

dhan - we fought together in the console wars of 2004-2006 :shifty:

04_ufoughtintheCloneWars_Yes.jpg

YOU fought in the console wars?

LOL.  Good to see you dhan.  089013eb737c8672df2d43b8dd007db7.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Ditto.

Haha sorry for the very late reply, wouldn't have guessed it was you dhan, it is good to have you back. but i think we're veterans of slightly different but overlapping campaigns, more like 2006-2009 for me heh heh. yes, those were good days!