Network speed abnormal..what is the Bottle nick?

I think my network is not speed enough and there is no Wireless N functionality.

I have recently purchased  ADSL Belkin (model: 300, I think) single band router.I have this Laptop

Another Dell (My 2ry) and a wired desktop.

I get low speeds about 10-20 MBits/s in wireless mode.I don't know where is the bottle nick.May be the pics give a clue.

The router is in the 3rd floor, My HP is in 2nd floor.I don't get coverage in the ground, soI may purchase an acess point to extend the coverage.

Any Clue/More info?

post-395918-0-23638800-1377589421.png

post-395918-0-35884000-1377589443.png

post-395918-0-83182400-1377589453.png

Do you have B devices? Turn that OFF, set it to N mode only if you only have N.. If you have G then set to g only in that last screen.

Your going to want to use 40Mhz for max speed of n.

But what are your router settings?? You also quite often need to be using WPA2 for n speeds.. But shows your connected over 54 so think you need to turn on 40mhz channels and disable any B sort of connections, if all you have is n clients -- then turn off both g and b type connections.

The Intel 1030 is a 1x2 device so the most your link rate can be is 144Mbps in a perfect world in 20Mhz.

With that said you should be getting 50-60Mbps though from it in an average setting. Do you only get these speeds when copying files over to your WIRED PC as well as Internet downloads?

Do you have B devices? Turn that OFF, set it to N mode only if you only have N.. If you have G then set to g only in that last screen.

Your going to want to use 40Mhz for max speed of n.

But what are your router settings?? You also quite often need to be using WPA2 for n speeds.. But shows your connected over 54 so think you need to turn on 40mhz channels and disable any B sort of connections, if all you have is n clients -- then turn off both g and b type connections.

No B devices.Just these two laptops and both are N. devices

Router was set to 20/40 option. other option is 20 only

As for mode: it was b,g,n mode.I changed that to 802.11n  mode only

Regarding WAP2: authentication mode is set to WAP-PSK+ WPA2PSK.There is another choice with WPA2+PSK only,Should I

choose the later one?

WPS : is enabled

Regarding channels: it is auto

any more recommendation?

What's a Bottle nick?

speed Limiting factor, just like the nick of the bottle that is limiting the flow from a bottle

The Intel 1030 is a 1x2 device so the most your link rate can be is 144Mbps in a perfect world in 20Mhz.

what do u mean with (The Intel 1030 is a 1x2 device )?Is it a combo + BT

With that said you should be getting 50-60Mbps though from it in an average setting.I am getting around 35MB/s

Do you only get these speeds when copying files over to your WIRED PC as well as Internet downloads?

Yep

WPS should be disabled - this is a security issue!!!

WPA2 should be the only mode unless you have OLD devices that do not understand wpa2

20/40 - if you do not have any other wireless devices in your area, then 40 can provide better speeds and performance. If you have other wireless in the area then 20 might be better choice because of less overlap. If there are other wireless networks in the area you want to be setup for the least amount of overlap in your channels.

I have found auto channels to be crap.. I would grab say http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/ and make sure you run your wireless network where there is LEAST overlap.

WPS should be disabled - this is a security issue!!!

Done

WPA2 should be the only mode unless you have OLD devices that do not understand wpa2

WPA2 is the only one now.No none-WPA2 compliant devices

20/40 - if you do not have any other wireless devices in your area, then 40 can provide better speeds and performance. If you have other wireless in the area then 20 might be better choice because of less overlap. If there are other wireless networks in the area you want to be setup for the least amount of overlap in your channels.

20/40 is the option now.

Regarding channels: I am looking into this program.

JUst curious,Why is there is no Wireless n mode?

EDIT: inSSIDer tells me that it is already in N mode

post-395918-0-83182400-1377589453.png