Samsung's new tablet is built with your toddler in mind

GALAXY_Tab_3_Kids_large_verge_medium_lan

Samsung announced today the Galaxy Tab 3 Kids, a variant of the earlier Galaxy Tab 3 designed specifically with kids in mind. Clad in the brightest yellow you can get and surrounded by an easy-to-grip bright orange bumper, the Galaxy Tab 3 Kids is a fairly low-end device with a 7-inch 1024 x 600 pixel display; 3-megapixel rear camera and 1.3-megapixel front camera; and a dual-core processor. It runs Android 4.1, but your kids probably won't ever see that, since Samsung is including its own software layer and app store targeted at children. The Tab 3 Kids also has a Time Management mode, which lets parents set specific time limits for use on the tablet. It doesn't sound much different than the time management features available in the Kindle Fire HD from Amazon.

To accessorize the Tab 3 Kids, Samsung is offering a case option with a handle that can double as a kick stand and has something called the C Pen, which will let children draw on the tablet without worrying about marking up other objects. Naturally, Samsung is releasing the Galaxy Tab 3 Kids in Korea first, with rollouts planned for China, Europe, US, Africa, South America, and South East Asia. Pricing has not been announced, but we wouldn't expect the Tab 3 Kids to be much more expensive than the standard 7-inch Galaxy Tab 3, which is priced at $199.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/27/4663198/samsung-galaxy-tab-3-kids

Great! Teaching kids to doodle with fondleslabs and taking part into midless consumerist culture already before they can locate their... ah, well, gotta realise those broken Tabs somehow.

Great! Teaching kids to doodle with fondleslabs and taking part into midless consumerist culture already before they can locate their... ah, well, gotta realise those broken Tabs somehow.

Leap Frog and others already have these kind of tablets.  Not as technical as Samsung's...but they already exist.  And I am betting it is learning/educational tools.

I do get what you're saying but i'll be getting something like this once my baby turns toddler purely to get her advanced in what will be the way the world works when she grows up. So long as it's coupled with plenty of outdoor activity, i see no issue.

Because this one product will somehow shift a kid to mindless consumerism single handed?  Are you serious?  Have you seen the landscape of toys shoveled on kids these days?  This isn't anymore extreme than any other "mindless consumer" geared products that already exists for children.