Photo

Microsoft reveals content for three Xbox One Day One games

ryse son of rome forza motorsport 5 dead rising 3 gaming xbox one day one xbox one microsoft

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 John Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

• 656 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 15:19

Microsoft reveals content for three Xbox One Day One games
by John Callaham

Along with the Day One launch version of the Xbox One itself, Microsoft will also offer Day One versions of three of its launch titles for its next generation game console. Today, the company revealed the extra content that will be included in these special edition games, which include Dead Rising 3, Forza Motorsport 5 and Ryse: Son of Rome.

The Major Nelson website says that the extra content will be included for anyone who pre-orders these games before launch and they will also be available for download via Xbox Live for the first two weeks of the console's launch. As you can see in the image above, the game boxes have designs that link together when they are placed next to each other.

The Dead Rising 3 Day One edition will include the "Classic Frank West outfit with Frank’s Zombie Slugger weapon, extra gory attacks and a custom skill move" along with increased attributes like better melee damage. It will also have the "Chuck Greene outfit with Paddle Saw combo weapon that cuts through zombie hordes with increased damage and durability."

The Forza Motorsport 5 Day One edition will get access to three cars, each with extra tuning packages. The cars will be the 2010 Audi TT RS Coupe, the 2013 Ford Focus ST and the 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera. Finally, the Ryse: Son of Rome Day One edition will have an exclusive multiplayer co-op Gladiator map called Ruins along with an exclusive Legionnaire’s Trust Sword.

Source: Major Nelson | Image via Microsoft

#2 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

• 4,949 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 18:30

Nice thanks for the info, wasn't sure they'd acknowledge digital buyers with the bonuses.

#3 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• 19,150 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:18

DR3 and Forza seem ok, but Ryse looks like a horrible game, I'm surprised the response (entirely negative) hasn't caused them to rethink their strategy (which is apparently to make the worst game possible)

#4 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Starry

• 4,949 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:22

DR3 and Forza seem ok, but Ryse looks like a horrible game, I'm surprised the response (entirely negative) hasn't caused them to rethink their strategy (which is apparently to make the worst game possible)

I haven't even looked since I'm not into the Roman/ancient civilizations thing, but it didn't seem that bad.  Just a bad initial reveal video.

I know my friend will dig it.

As for DR3 I didn't really enjoy 1 or 2 so buying another would seem kind of pointless.

#5 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

• 19,150 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:47

The gameplay is based around QTEs (and to avoid the player feeling bad for having no skill, you can't fail a QTE, the game will complete it itself) and the multiplayer is based around a F2P microtransaction model, even though you have to pay for it.

I think the only actual player control is walking around a map, the game will do everything else itself.

#6 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

• 10,542 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:19

The gameplay is based around QTEs (and to avoid the player feeling bad for having no skill, you can't fail a QTE, the game will complete it itself) and the multiplayer is based around a F2P microtransaction model, even though you have to pay for it.

I think the only actual player control is walking around a map, the game will do everything else itself.

You realize that's not actually true, right? Did you not read anything from anyone who got hands on time?

http://www.videogame...vy_monster.html

The multiplayer isn't even what you describe it to be.

http://www.destructo...ns-260631.phtml

OT: those boxes look excellent together, not that I'd store them that way, or buy the physical copy :p

#7 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,332 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:26

The gameplay is based around QTEs (and to avoid the player feeling bad for having no skill, you can't fail a QTE, the game will complete it itself) and the multiplayer is based around a F2P microtransaction model, even though you have to pay for it.I think the only actual player control is walking around a map, the game will do everything else itself.

I am guessing you haven't seen their latest demos.

#8 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

• 19,150 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:23

The QTE article mentions how the QTEs will complete themselves, as Crytek said they don't want to "punish" the player for being bad at the game, doing the QTE just gives you a higher score than letting the game complete it.

I still think the microtransactins are stupid, if you can buy the items with in-game money, it should be entirely though in-game money, you shouldn't ever need to spend real money on it (That is, the in game rewards should be enough)

#9 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,332 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:28

The QTE article mentions how the QTEs will complete themselves, as Crytek said they don't want to "punish" the player for being bad at the game, doing the QTE just gives you a higher score than letting the game complete it.

I still think the microtransactins are stupid, if you can buy the items with in-game money, it should be entirely though in-game money, you shouldn't ever need to spend real money on it (That is, the in game rewards should be enough)

I am guessing the QTEs in Ryse are similar to the active reloads in Gears, if you do it you get bonus - if you don't, you don't get it. They clarified that game won't kill automatically if you don't attack in the first place. If you attack and time your button press right, you get a stylized kill animation.

#10 Jarrichvdv

Jarrichvdv

Not all who wander are lost

• 971 posts
  • Phone: Windows Phone 8 GDR3

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:34

I played it at Gamescom, and it's not as bad as you are CLAIMING here.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!