Loch Ness Monster sighting ?

David Elder, an amateur photographer, was attempting to get photos of a swan from a pier at Fort Augustus on the southwest end of Loch Ness when something mysterious caught his eye disturbing the calm waters.

He described it to the UK Mirror as a ?solid black object? just under the water that created a wave atop the lake surface. The sighting immediately fueled speculation that this might have been a Loch Ness Monster sighting.

Elder, 50, also took video of the unidentified ?sea creature.?

?Out of the corner of my right eye, I caught site of a black area of water about 15 feet long, which developed into a kind of bow wave,? Elder of East Kilbride told the Mirror.

?I?m convinced this was caused by a solid black object under the water. The water was very still at the time and there were no ripples coming off the wave and no other activity on the water.

?Water was definitely going over something solid and making the wave. It looks like the sort of wave perhaps created by a windsurfing board, but there was nobody on the Loch at the time, no boats, nothing.

?It is something I just can?t explain.?

The lake in the Highlands of Scotland stretches 23 miles long, is 755 feet deep and was made famous by alleged sightings of a legendary sea monster dubbed Nessie.

The Loch Ness Monster dates to medieval times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HPeLGuN80vo

more & video

its commonly known that smaller whales and other aquatic animals come into the loch often so it could be those.

• Like 1

wind can create a single wave in a middle of the lake while everything else is still.

has it happened in any other lake, no one would have paid any attention to it.

Can we please dam off the freaking loch, drain all the water out and take these "crytozoologists" down there to rub their face in the ground once and for all and be done with it?

For a kick off, it was established years ago there would not be enough food in the loch to sustain a large creature like Nessie. I'm sure with all technology and radars that have scanned the place, if there was something in the loch it would have shown up by now.

It's a great tourist attraction, and these stories bring plenty of money to the area, but it's all a myth.