ps4 sony

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:54

Basically his qualified in nothing and makes random blogs based on his own opinion, Also he was the same guy who made the IGN article about BF4 looking terrible on the PS4 when there are countless articles which say the opposite he also believed the game was no where near complete because it only had a 16 Player server during the demo.. But couldn't figure out that the demo room only had seating for 16 players to actually play?

So he tells us one day that BF4 plays terrible on actual PS4's, then the next day tells us how PS4's have never been used to demo games?

Also executive editor is basically a blogger in IGN terms, it sounds like a fancy title and seems to have fooled a few people on here. But its not an important role its just writing articles. (Also his not even in the Gaming/PS4/Xbox One field)

Hows that any different from yourself? Atleast he's got a first hand encounter.

Also, link me to the articles what say otherwise because all I've seen is negative press from it? Just over 720p etc, the NFS comment referring to the X1.

I'm not denying the fact that they weren't real PS4's because the pictures Audioboxer posted seem pretty darn genuine to me, just stop getting up tight about information that is clearly laid out infront of you.

#62 OP BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:17

Wrong.  The leaked pictures were of lococycle.  However, EVERY third party developer admitted to using PC kits.

The non-controversy controversy was about first party games. Lococycle is first party. Third parties are using PCs on both sides.

#63 francescob

francescob

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:22

playstation4_gamescom_windows71-pcgh.jpg

Press ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A  to log in?

#64 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:31

The non-controversy controversy was about first party games. Lococycle is first party. Third parties are using PCs on both sides.

No they weren't. All X1's games were on the real X1's, which funnily enough are dev-kits because they're the same thing.

#65 OP BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 30 August 2013 - 13:12

No they weren't. All X1's games were on the real X1's, which funnily enough are dev-kits because they're the same thing.

I was referring to E3 not Gamescon.

#66 Zedox

Zedox

Neowinian

Posted 30 August 2013 - 13:15

It is funny how Xbox One was "bashed" for having E3 games running on PCs (no matter how powerful they were) and when this is brought up about Sony, it's a non-issue. I mean, I really don't care because I understand software development and this type of thing has been going on for years, it's just funny how the internet reacts towards stuff.

#67 DPyro

DPyro

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 August 2013 - 13:17

It is funny how Xbox One was "bashed" for having E3 games running on PCs (no matter how powerful they were) and when this is brought up about Sony, it's a non-issue. I mean, I really don't care because I understand software development and this type of thing has been going on for years, it's just funny how the internet reacts towards stuff.

The big deal at E3 was the devs were using PCs with better specs than Xbox One, and not even using an AMD graphics card.

#68 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 13:19

I was referring to E3 not Gamescon.

They were at E3, I watched the E3 EA press conference and he stated, repetitively several times that it was running on real hardware at 1080p60fps.

Ubisoft on the other hand was showing everything on the PS4, which was a PC. The EA conference was entirely X1 based.

#69 Zedox

Zedox

Neowinian

Posted 30 August 2013 - 13:52

The big deal at E3 was the devs were using PCs with better specs than Xbox One, and not even using an AMD graphics card.

You do realize that developers usually get PCs that are much more powerful than what the specs are since the specs usually aren't finalized until MUCH later before launch? Also, they can cap certain aspects of the "power" that a computer uses...the graphics card isn't that much of a problem either because it's a custom card anyways and the differences in how they code their graphics will not be astronomically different (especially for launch games...down the line they are coded much differently). Oh and "better" specs on computers vs. consoles is a whole other subject.

Basically, it's not a big deal no matter how you try to frame it, this is the same thing that's been going in every transition.

#70 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 30 August 2013 - 18:32

It's funny how as of yet the only bit of evidence to suggest it is a single unverified, possibly photoshopped, picture.

#71 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 30 August 2013 - 20:47

It's funny how as of yet the only bit of evidence to suggest it is a single unverified, possibly photoshopped, picture.

Are you suggesting that ps4 games were not demoed on pc hardware?

Maybe this is one fight not worth fighting over.

#72 Zedox

Zedox

Neowinian

Posted 30 August 2013 - 20:53

I believe he is referencing the Xbox one picture of a game running on an NVIDIA chip.

#73 Thief000

Thief000

Neowinian

Posted 30 August 2013 - 21:09

Probably, but Lococycle was running on Xbox One hardware at GamesCom though, so they did port it in the month's time.

#74 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 02 September 2013 - 22:52

Why does this stuff matter?  I mean seriously, its really not a story. 

This is why vvvvvvvv

I love how there was "no excuses" for Microsoft showing one game which hasn't completed porting yet, on non final hardware, yet when Sony does it, it's fine and a non story. Double standards are ridiculous

#75 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

Posted 02 September 2013 - 23:00

Once again, I will refer you here:

http://www.neowin.ne...#entry595908245

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!