Wii U Price Drop Confirmed

Deluxe model will drop to $299.99 beginning with the launch of the Wind Waker HD bundle.

Nintendo has announced a $50 price drop for Wii U. Beginning on September 20, the Wii U Deluxe model will be available for $299.99.

The new price will take effect alongside the previously-confirmed Wind Waker HD bundle, which will also retail for $299.99 and includes a 32GB hard drive, a special Zelda-themed GamePad, a digital copy of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD and a digital version of the Zelda Hyrule Historia book.

Source - IGN -

didnt nintendo recently say pricing wasnt their problem? what gives.

It has been out a while now and Nintendo always does price drops fairly early compared to the other consoles. Seems like business as normal to me.

lol, yup: http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/12/4613320/wii-u-pricing-is-not-the-issue-says-iwata

Pricing isn't the issue, but we'll reduce the price.

Well, it is good for consumers and I would like to see the cnsolse do well. It will be better for me when I finally decide to get one

Excellent news. I was planning on getting one later this year too.

Too bad though, that the zelda bundle is a digital copy. I still prefer physical for my console retail titles.

Did you honestly think they would announce a price drop long(ex. months) before it happened and hinder sales even further?