Duncan Jones 'Warcraft' Movie begins Filming In January

This should be interesting. Can go either way depending on special effects, story, etc but at least we get to see something finally. We know it should be well funded so that wont be an excuse.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

KCmMPEN.png

There's no information about what the roles are yet, but we do know that three leads have been cast. They are: Ben Foster (3:10 to Yuma), Toby Kebbell ( Wrath of the Titans), and Rob Kazinsky (True Blood). Dominic Cooper is in negotiations to be the fourth.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2013/ben-foster-toby-kebbell-dominic-cooper-set-for-warcraft-movie/

the only saving grace that this film might have is the fact that Blizzard is producing it and they are writing the scripts and all that stuff. I would not be surprised if they did the CGI for themselves as well. I think that being that they have their hands in everything they are going to make it as good as they can however, as stated above I wish they would have just made a feature length CGI film rather than trying to make it live action.

I hope Gamon is in it.

Gamon is a true hero.

Being that in the timeline of the film Ogrimmar shouldn't exist yet. i do not think he will. However, i remember a few years ago at Blizzcon when they announced the flim that someone asked about it and they said it was a possibility so who knows.

That would be rather epic if they did put him in there though :D

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

the directors past movies...

-Moon (2009) = my #1 movie of 2009

-Source Code (2011) = my #1 movie of 2011

Warcraft... given the subject matter, i can safely assume it won't be anywhere near as good as those two movies are. if it is, ill be surprised.

If they don't put there own personal touch in this movie and keep it as it is suppose to be then it can be good. But what are the chance at that??

• 1 month later...

About damn time, thats all I gotta say.. however, they should go all CG on this one, the WoW cinematics are gorgeous, even the vanilla intro.