android windows phone

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:58

WP will get there eventually.. Probably around version 10 or something. :p  For the moment though, it's just still missing so much compared to the competition.

The Lumia hardware is fantastic kit though. Such a shame we'll never see what it can do with Android.

#62 Yogurth

Yogurth

Neowinian

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:08

The main problem with WP in user space is the lack of options, throughout the entire OS. Metro is the main selling point, but what is the purpose of smart phone if You can't customize it to Your liking? This is where Android simply shines compared to competitors, as everything, absolutely everything can be changed in the way of the look and functionality. Neither Apple or Microsoft are going down that road, and I see both of their platforms only as an extension to "Dumb" phones. Android is currently the only Smart Phone OS in the world, IMO.

#63 +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 6

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:11

Android is currently the only Smart Phone OS in the world, IMO.

The definition of Smartphone would include WP, iOS, BB, and any other device like those.  Android is not the only smartphone.  I would call Android the only personalized smart phone tho for the reasons you state.

#64 +sanke1

sanke1

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:26

Finally people are starting to see through the FUD Microsoft had been spewing about WP8 OS.

Even I learnt it the hard way. Android and iOS are clearly superior mobile operating systems.

WP8 is just too boring and monotonous after a while. Microsoft need to bring wallpaper to start screen.
The settings need to be organized.
There should be separate volumes for speakers and earphone socket.
Notification center needs to be added.

Android does not have these problems.

Finally I would say.... great choice!!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!