Download e-mails from folder from my Hotmail e-mail address account?

Is it possible to download e-mails from a specific folder from my Hotmail e-mail address account?

I have over 2000 e-mails from someone from back in the day before Facebook Messenger was around and IMs were unavailable for one reason or another. However, before I remove them, I'd like to store them on my PC.

If it's in a searchable format, even better! (but that's just an added bonus)

Add your Hotmail account to Outlook 2013 or use the free Windows Live Mail app, click on a folder (for example the Inbox) then search on a particular Email email address, highlight all the results and drag them to a folder on your PC somewhere.

Add your Hotmail account to Outlook 2013 or use the free Windows Live Mail app, click on a folder (for example the Inbox) then search on a particular Email email address, highlight all the results and drag them to a folder on your PC somewhere.

Thank you :)

This is part of the reason i want to do this. It takes SO long to download my mailbox messages when using programs such as Outlook 2013 or apps such as the Android Email app, even with headers only.

Thank you :)

This is part of the reason i want to do this. It takes SO long to download my mailbox messages when using programs such as Outlook 2013 or apps such as the Android Email app, even with headers only.

Oh indeed when I set Outlook up it easily take a good hour to sync everything, thankfully i only re install Windows for a new version so its not been that much of an annoyance. My 10 year old Hotmail inbox is easily a couple of gigs large now.

On the Android email app you can have it set just to sync the last week, two weeks or month. By default it only actually syncs what is in the inbox too i believe. I have mine set for the last two weeks and generally it takes a minute or two at the most to sync everything on the first setup.

Oh indeed when I set Outlook up it easily take a good hour to sync everything, thankfully i only re install Windows for a new version so its not been that much of an annoyance. My 10 year old Hotmail inbox is easily a couple of gigs large now.

On the Android email app you can have it set just to sync the last week, two weeks or month. By default it only actually syncs what is in the inbox too i believe. I have mine set for the last two weeks and generally it takes a minute or two at the most to sync everything on the first setup.

Android-wise, the problem with the default setting is that most of my 50 folders look empty if I do that and hitting the Refresh button doesn't help. So unfortunately, I have to sync everything.

I was just thinking: Will this method also download any attachments/photos?