india spontaneous human combustion mysterious fires crematoriums

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,861 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 16:38

I watched a documentary (BBC show called QED) as a kid, it explained some possible reasons and then debunked them.  One being ball lightning.  Scared the living hell outta me ;)

Cool video.

Apparently that is the same narrator as in A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Moon documentary. (also on YouTube)

Arthur C. Clarke covered many of the same stories on his Mysterious World.

#17 majortom1981

majortom1981

The crazy one

• 5,322 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 16:41

what did they use to have light in their hut? what do they use to cook ? I think the explanation is probably easier then people think.

#18 Slugsie

Slugsie

NeoSlug

• 850 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 16:54

SHC has been examined many many times, and pretty much always demonstrated as something like a 'human candle' type effect. It's a telling fact that in almost every circumstance there is an open flame/source of ignition of some sort in the room. That has in fact been demonstrated under controlled circumstances with pig carcasses. That is not to say that that explanation is the only one however. But no-one has ever explained how a body can just ignite by itself - not saying it can't, just saying that to my knowledge no-one has demonstrated it can.

Unfortunately, in this instance however, I'm going to plump for the simpler explanation. Munchausen's Syndrome by Proxy. It's much more likely that the parents are abusing their child to get attention than the child is just bursting into flames. 

#19 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 15,858 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 14:37

Unfortunately, in this instance however, I'm going to plump for the simpler explanation. Munchausen's Syndrome by Proxy. It's much more likely that the parents are abusing their child to get attention than the child is just bursting into flames. 

Exactly what I was thinking when I read the article.  That child needs to be urgently removed from his parents "care" before they kill him.

#20 M_Lyons10

M_Lyons10

Neowinian Senior

• 13,900 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 14:50

Wow.  I've never heard of such a thing (And I'm really not sure I believe in it)...

I'm not sure what to think...

#21 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 16:32

Exactly what I was thinking when I read the article.  That child needs to be urgently removed from his parents "care" before they kill him.

Even by some weird happen chance that the parents aren't abusing him, he needs to be removed to figure what exactly what is happening.

#22 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,861 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:50

I think the explanation is probably easier then people think.

If it was, this would have never made the News. ;)

#23 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,649 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:58

If it was, this would have never made the News. ;)

Hi, welcome, you must be new to the world. 

#24 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• 19,406 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:46

The fact that the doctors are considering SHC, shows that the kid needs better doctors as well.

#25 cork1958

cork1958

Neowinian

• 8,066 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:55

No doubt about it!!