GAGABIT!

lucky,

I do not think they are going to add internet speeds like that to the area I live in until i no longer need such speeds :P

120/month looks like.

Not bad, considering.

I pay 80$ / month for 40mb down, a 3 up  with a 120gb cap..  So no.. not bad at all.

Just upgraded to this today. having some router issues otherwise it's smoooooth (this speed test is a direct connection)

2932292812.png

I'd saturate that line as much as possible for 7 days just to see how it really feels.

If it is shared though you might get some angry letters and phone calls :)

I pay $30 just for 3mb down, so that's pretty darn good. I really wish the US would update to the rest of the worlds' standards. We're paying more for nothing IMO. My results: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2932401963 Pretty sad, I will admit.

I was ecstatic when my ISP upgraded my DSL from 1.7mbps to roughly 5 last year.  I'm paying $40 a month with taxes, with a 300GB/month cap (I typically use 200).

Frankly, despite the obvious night-and-day boost in speed, I couldn't justify the extra money for it as I wouldn't know what to do with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I know with VM they cap speeds over time lime when streaming hd movies have you had such an incident with sky?

nope no caps whatsoever

1ms ping = you're inside the data centre and not at home.

It's possible if the speedtest server is close, Any connection at this speed is probably going to be either full fibre or a combination of ethernet/fibre so wouldn't have the delays accociated with DSL Cable.

The gigabit line is $120 a month and they do absolutely no throttling of any kind. They have so much bandwidth right now that there is no slowness in the connection at any time and I am in a large apartment building.

the 100/100 connection is much more reasonably priced at $60 a month which is fantastic.

Right now gigabit is just overkill... I don't do anything that requires these speeds. but the 100/100 connection is totally worth it. I love condo internet just for the fact that they don't throttle anything and the promise you the 100/100 at all times with no transfer caps.