Old/Vintage Computers Collecting & Value

What are some old and vintage computers  you know of that are valuable and collectible? Do you own any vintage computers? The reason for asking is I have an interest in old/vintage computers and wanted to be aware of what would be collectible/valuable or not.

Aww man I could have given you a PIII IBM PC with a CRT monitor a few days ago. It got hit by lightning, and they wanted me to give them a value for insurance purposes, I said.. uh ... MAYBE $50 and that's being generous.

I picked an Ibm Thinkpad 600x at goodwill up for $15 a couple of days ago :) . It was with a laptop bag full of a bunch of original IBM accessories like cords, original manual, external floppy drive, Linksys Wireless B adapter and more. There was no price on the laptop originally and they talked to the manager and the manager said $15. I tested the laptop, it was running Windows 2000, but got a BSOD during boot. It needs a CMOS battery and a new battery as well.  Someone upgraded the laptop to 576mb of ram. The laptop is in good cosmetic condition and runs fine. It weighs 5lbs and is very light for a laptop 14 years old. I found some hidden things in the laptop bag including an IBM car charger and a IBM mouse also.  So far, I installed Windows XP and it runs well. I have also ordered a new CMOS battery and going to order a new rechargeable battery as well.

ThinkPad600.jpg

• Jim K locked this topic