Photo

Looking for a new game. Recommendations?

xbox

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 30 August 2013 - 14:27

So, if you remember, how many hours did you play it?

I can't remember specifically, but I'd say with the difficulty ramped up it would take maybe 6 or 7 hours. As for the story, if you've read Heart of Darkness or seen Apocalypse Now you'll have an idea of what it's about. The great thing is having to make the tough choices that you come across. Yahtzee gave it a decent review, from what I remember.

#17 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 30 August 2013 - 14:53

Fallout 3/New Vegas >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Skyrim

#18 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 30 August 2013 - 16:18

I would definatly recommend Fallout 3, you can get the GOTY edition pretty cheap with all the expansions which add hours to gameplay.

I've easily spent 20-30 hours playing it and still havent finished it really.

#19 furyshinobi

furyshinobi

(☞ ՞ਊ ՞)☞

Posted 30 August 2013 - 16:24

Deus Ex Human Revolution is one of my favourite games this gen. I still haven't finished that game yet, slowly enjoying my time with it lol.

Other games I think you may like are Hitman Absolution, Dishonored and Sleeping Dogs.

#20 OP +techbeck

techbeck

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 30 August 2013 - 16:26

Deus Ex Human Revolution is one of my favourite games this gen. I still haven't finished that game yet, slowly enjoying my time with it lol.

Other games I think you may like are Hitman Absolution, Dishonored and Sleeping Dogs.

I have and played Deus Ex.  I have Hitman Absolution but never finished it.  I was using MS cloud store/save my game and the saved game was corrupted. I  was 3/4 thru the game and it ****ed me off so much I havnt wanted to play it again.

#21 panacea

panacea

technical cannibal

• Phone: htc one

Posted 30 August 2013 - 16:30

Saints Row IV

FUN!!!  this one got lasers, aliens, tentacle bat to slap people with, it is a clear tribute to the matrix, you have super power, flying machines that switch between jet and helicopter modes, and the cheesy music in the most tense moments, while average running around can be done to the most epic music ever!  

played for 15 hours so far, and i am not bored at all.

(it starts up a bit slow, first 30min-1hours, is so-so, but once you get the powers and upgrades - it is very fun)

Sleeping Dogs  (great fun, GTA clone that is better then original, easily 10+ hours)

Metro Last Light (amazing!     though i admit i played the original russian version,  the english translation is a bit cringeworthy,  does not sound real, or accurate... still, the atmosphere is amazing! 10+ hours)

Walking Dead episodes 1-5(Superb experience, really made me care and put me under pressure!  Never expected it to be so good!   If you have not played it, try it.   Again, it starts very slow, but gets really good soon)

Rayman Legends (i have not played it, but the last rayman was so great, and this one looks even better. love the style)

#22 AsherGZ

AsherGZ

nonon best girl

• Phone: Lumia 820, 520

Posted 30 August 2013 - 20:14

Got Skyrim Legendary Edition a month ago and I'm already tired of it. I found the gameplay to be way too long especially because it all gets repetitive too soon. AI sucks because my character, currently on level 47, which is not even halfway through, is practically invincible. I don't even bother wasting time with quests anymore, just barging in, getting what needs to be grabbed or killing whoever needs to be killed and walking out. Voice overs and dialogues suck. They only cast like four male and four female actors to voice each and every character of the game. Combat controls suck. It has lots of that 'pause to select power/weapon/shout' issue you mentioned which kind of takes away all the fun. Basically, it'll be a miracle if I finish it, and I haven't even started with the DLCs yet.

I'll second the Sleeping Dogs suggestion. Its like GTA Hong Kong edition. Other games I enjoyed playing this year are Far Cry 3, Dishonored and Tomb Raider.

#23 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 30 August 2013 - 20:21

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, if you haven't played them yet. Both are fantastic games. I literally just played and completed Asylum for the first time earlier this month (currently working on City) and I am so mad at myself for not playing it sooner.

Skyrim could be fun, if it weren't for the broken combat, difficulty spikes, and useless talent system.

#24 Grinch

Grinch

Developer

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 30 August 2013 - 20:22

Got Skyrim Legendary Edition a month ago and I'm already tired of it. I found the gameplay to be way too long especially because it all gets repetitive too soon. AI sucks because my character, currently on level 47, which is not even halfway through, is practically invincible. I don't even bother wasting time with quests anymore, just barging in, getting what needs to be grabbed or killing whoever needs to be killed and walking out. Voice overs and dialogues suck. They only cast like four male and four female actors to voice each and every character of the game. Combat controls suck. It has lots of that 'pause to select power/weapon/shout' issue you mentioned which kind of takes away all the fun. Basically, it'll be a miracle if I finish it, and I haven't even started with the DLCs yet.

I'll second the Sleeping Dogs suggestion. Its like GTA Hong Kong edition. Other games I enjoyed playing this year are Far Cry 3, Dishonored and Tomb Raider.

Sounds like you need to turn up the difficulty on Skyrim. :p

For the OP,

I would suggest Fallout 3/New Vegas, both very fun. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is also very fun!

#25 panacea

panacea

technical cannibal

• Phone: htc one

Posted 30 August 2013 - 23:21

I gave Skyrim a fair go, with over 6 hours invested.

It is boring.    Really.    I am not a fan of similar repetitive quests, even if the surrounding landscape is beautiful.

I find it tedious. Witcher 2 is so much more interesting.

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, if you haven't played them yet. Both are fantastic games. I literally just played and completed Asylum for the first time earlier this month (currently working on City) and I am so mad at myself for not playing it sooner.

Skyrim could be fun, if it weren't for the broken combat, difficulty spikes, and useless talent system.

Agreed.  I have not played Arkham city, and from what I seen it might be not my thing...   But I loved Arkham Asylum.   A total surprice for me, since I expected it to be much worth and only played it because a friend made me.

Sounds like you need to turn up the difficulty on Skyrim. :p

It is not difficulty that is the issue with this game.  It is the game itself.  When I played it, it was challenging.... still did not like it.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!