90 posts in this topic

Posted

http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2013_08_30/Syrian-rebels-take-responsibility-for-the-chemical-attack-admitting-the-weapons-were-provided-by-Saudis-1203/?from=menu

** Note: the original Article and Minnpress in minnesota is so overburdened by web traffic on this story, access might not happen. The world seems to have picked up on this.

'Syrian rebels take responsibility for the chemical attack admitting the weapons were provided by Saudis' - source

61h_50439681.jpg

In an interview with Dale Gavlak, a Middle East correspondent for the Associated Press and Mint Press News, Syrian rebels tacitly implied that they were responsible for last week

Posted

Think I'll wait for a source other than the Voice of Russia.

7 people like this

Posted

If this is true, it's going to cause one hell of a poo storm...

2 people like this

Posted

That was my EXACT thought. this might derail the US attacking Syria.

1 person likes this

Posted

Think I'll wait for a source other than the Voice of Russia.

Imagine I'd told you I don't trust Voice of America. You'd laugh out loud, right?

Pot meet kettle.

Voice of Russia is a direct image of Voice of America or BBC (I know I'll get a ****storm coming my way for saying this :D) or Deutsche Welle. Their coverage can't get any more dry and conservative.

Also, it would have helped if you read at least the first line:

In an interview with Dale Gavlak, a Middle East correspondent for the Associated Press and Mint Press

This is not even a VoR's story. They are merely re-transmitting it.

As chrisj1968 have already said, the original website is getting hammered.

It's on the front page of http://www.mintpressnews.com/

[attachment=342911:mintpress.jpg]

1 person likes this

Posted

one would think... but then again, this is the real world.

1 person likes this

Posted

Odd that it's not on any of the mainstream media sites yet...

2 people like this

Posted

Odd that it's not on any of the mainstream media sites yet...

Good luck getting the Western Media to report anything that doesn't suit Obama's agenda.

3 people like this

Posted

Good luck getting the Western Media to report anything that doesn't suit Obama's agenda.

The US media sure, but places like Reuters or the BBC?

3 people like this

Posted

Not really. Now it turns from the government is using them to the government is failing to keep the WMDs in their country out of rebel hands or failing to keep rebels from getting them from other sources, eg border isn't being protected properly.

Posted

Not really. Now it turns from the government is using them to the government is failing to keep the WMDs in their country out of rebel hands or failing to keep rebels from getting them from other sources, eg border isn't being protected properly.

Except that the report indicates the weapons came from Saudi Arabia (an ally of the US, no less :p )

Posted

Except that the report indicates the weapons came from Saudi Arabia (an ally of the US, no less :p )

Doesn't matter. That is a separate issue. The point the media will use is that the government is failing to keep "terrorists" from getting WMDs.

Posted

We shall have to see... First, the story needs to be picked up by the MSM... It's 5 hours old so far, and still nothing.

Posted

It needs to. Maybe once again we are backing the wrong side.

Posted

Until it's on a few more sites other than infowars, prisonplanet, dailypaul(?) and voice of russia I'd strike this up as dubious information. 

It needs to. Maybe once again we are backing the wrong side.

There's really no 'good' side. 

2 people like this

Posted

There's really no 'good' side. 

You are probably right on that.

Posted

I wasn't aware mainstream = US?

1 person likes this

Posted

Hrm, if true, I think the rebels realized if the US was to help out, neither side would benefit.

Posted

It's not even on Al Jazeera's website.

1 person likes this

Posted

You do know that a lot of the media have been complaining about Obama wanting to attack Syria? What would the headlines be if a Republican was in office? I don't think there would be a difference.

Posted

If obama attacks he needs to hand in his nobel peace prize. He should of already gave it up with all those drone attacks under his belt. This president is weak on every level that's why he wants to do something in syria. He'll launch a few missiles and accomplish nothing just like clinton. Meanwhile the people that hate us, it gives them more reason to hate us and come over here and do something bad. 

Broadcasting what he's going to do isn't going to stop either side from using chemical weapons because they've already had a week or more to move them.. Obama is an idiot...

1 person likes this

Posted

Obama is an idiot...

Don't kid yourself.  He's just the mouthpiece but the songs the same regardless of who's in power.  The problem is America and the fact that you people are hell bent on undermining international law, killing as many people as you can and dragging as many other countries in to act as a fig leaf for your naked aggression as you can.

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't kid yourself.  He's just the mouthpiece but the songs the same regardless of who's in power.  The problem is America and the fact that you people are hell bent on undermining international law, killing as many people as you can and dragging as many other countries in to act as a fig leaf for your naked aggression as you can.

LOL what? "you people". I didn't know Obama spoke for every American, he certainly doesn't speak for me. I think he's the worst president in history so enough with the you people bullcrap. I nor any other citizen of the U.S have any control over what he does..

3 people like this

Posted

Don't kid yourself.  He's just the mouthpiece but the songs the same regardless of who's in power.  The problem is America and the fact that you people your government is are hell bent on undermining international law, killing as many people as you can and dragging as many other countries in to act as a fig leaf for your naked aggression as you can.

FTFY.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0