3 posts in this topic

c3f4a1927b

With Power Rangers celebrating its 20th anniversary today, it may come as no surprise that a bit of scoop has cropped up among the various retrospective articles now floating around.

Obviously, there's been talk on and off for years about another Power Rangers movie, but former Green Ranger Jason David Frank revealed that he and Power Rangers creator Haim Saban may be cooking up a new feature film -- more specifically, a solo film centered on the Green Ranger.

In a recent interview with Complex, Frank explained that he's been having conversations with Saban about a slightly darker take on the fan-favorite MMPR character. "I'm talking to Saban about making a PG-13 Green Ranger movie," he said. "It's just a matter of Saban stepping behind it. I was an X-Men fan growing up; I loved Wolverine. I feel like the Green Ranger can step outside the box and be like the Wolverine of Power Rangers. That's why I think he can handle his own movie."

Of course, this sounds like wishful thinking -- a full-on Power Rangers reboot seems more likely than a Green Ranger solo movie -- but with Frank backing the project, and possibly Saban? Who knows, stranger things have happened.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/29/green-power-ranger-movie-chatter

Pretty good interview video on the IGN link (Y)

To think 20 years ago I thought this was the most amazing thing ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BDt_-_QL6w&feature=player_detailpage

I cant help think its so cheesy now, but as a kid I was nuts about it! good memories :)

1 person likes this

I remember getting so stupidly excited when he came back as the white ranger, incredible.

Watch it now though and its utter shite.