PS4 Camera Supports Navigational Voice Commands, Sony Confirms

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 521

Posted 06 September 2013 - 15:38

This is how people view Microsoft these days..

Creepy House at the end of the road that looks like its from the mid 1500's... The sun never shines on it... And an Angry Evil Old Man lives there and the lights are never on... And a candle may shine from there about twice a year...

I'm not saying Microsoft is the best thing since sliced bread.. But people would be shocked at the crap they use everyday that has Microsoft stuff somewhere in there...

#32 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 06 September 2013 - 21:46

Assuming you know what neural networks are I like to tell you in advance that you can use other improved methods... second, that feeds into MS but also as well on sony research centers.... and many other centers, where voice it's more contrained, for example communications.

Sony is not a software company and Sony doesn't have the money to do that much software research.  They can build a UI for example on an existing OS that multitasks.  They have done voice recognition research in the past, but it's no where near the quality that Microsoft has invested in it.  I think you are reaching here by a lot.

#33 Arceles

Arceles

Time Craymel

• OS: Win 7 Ultimate / Win 8.1 Pro (With Start Menu Start8, otherwise is UNUSABLE) / Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
  • Phone: XT890 Motorola RAZRi (x86 processor)

Posted 06 September 2013 - 22:16

Sony is not a software company and Sony doesn't have the money to do that much software research.  They can build a UI for example on an existing OS that multitasks.  They have done voice recognition research in the past, but it's no where near the quality that Microsoft has invested in it.  I think you are reaching here by a lot.

Meh, you are just talking because you support MS full extent, you really don't know about research.

#34 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

Posted 07 September 2013 - 00:07

Meh, you are just talking because you support MS full extent, you really don't know about research.

Well, sure I support Microsoft research.  It's one of the most progressive technology research institutes in the country.  Can you show me what you are talking about though, because I would love to learn more about it.

I love technology and yes there are some downsides sure, but technology allows us to improve our lives and science is at the heart of it. 

I need to hear more of what you are talking about though as it sounds interesting.  Give me some details and elaborate.

#35 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:31

I don't know the dollars spent, but I'm sure someone could find out how much Sony and MS spend on R&D in a given year.  Sony is no slouch, but the fact that MS is simply a bigger company would lead me to believe they also have a bigger R&D department.

I'm not sure what the big deal is.  Sony has areas of research it is more deeply involved with and MS has theirs.