New England Patriots release Tim Tebow

New England Patriots release Tim Tebow

Tim Tebow is done with the New England Patriots. The next question is whether his NFL career is over, too.

The Patriots waived Tebow on Saturday morning, ESPN reported.

Tebow, 26, signed a two-year contract with the Patriots in June that included no guarantees. In three preseason appearances, he was 11-of-30 passing for 145 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions.

The Patriots have carried only two quarterbacks in recent years, and they already have Ryan Mallett backing up Tom Brady.

Tebow is subject to waivers.

Tebow admitted he wasn't sure if he'd done enough to stick Thursday night.

"Go to sleep when I get home, wake up, come work out, watch the film," he answered regarding his immediate plans. "See what I did good, see what I did bad, try to learn from it and get better."

Source: USA Today

• Like 2

I actually feel sorry for the dude. He should go to Washington. He can run the read option in emergencies.

The pats didn't want the following that Tim gets, that's the real reason he was cut...

If that were true, they never would have signed him in the first place.

I know armchair quarterbacks can be ruthless but I can't help but feel sorry for the guy.  He seems like a nice enough person.  His whole university career was shaping up for him to have a great career in the pros and then for whatever reason (maybe the nice guy thing) he just couldn't get it together.  It must suck to have your future pretty much planned out and then this happens.

He had a good college career but the pros are a little different and if you cant adjust then there's really no place for him. I believe the jets wanted to try him at Tight End..and he didn't want that... at this point i'd take any position just to keep my career in place, there are far better QBs out there than him