Women gang raped by 10-12 juveniles in park

killing criminals is not a savage act.

Killing is savage whoever it is you kill, killing them publically is definitely savage.

and whatever way you look at it, and as history can attest, violence breeds violence. look at the most violent times of history, it's the times when we punished criminals the worst. 

Killing is savage whoever it is you kill, killing them publically is definitely savage.

and whatever way you look at it, and as history can attest, violence breeds violence. look at the most violent times of history, it's the times when we punished criminals the worst. 

I actually agree with you HawkMan.

Yet, someone who rapes a baby to death, it's hard not to agree they forfeit their right to live among the civilized. It's not punishment, definitely no attempt to rehabilitate, it's removal.

Yet, I do agree with what you said.

I actually agree with you HawkMan.

Yet, someone who rapes a baby to death, it's hard not to agree they forfeit their right to live among the civilized. It's not punishment, definitely no attempt to rehabilitate, it's removal.

Yet, I do agree with what you said.

Arguably they don't deserve to live, but we don't have the right to kill them either. 

Lock them up forever, But no torture or killing. The moment you start advocating killing and torture/mutilation then you are a savage and don't belong in a civilized society any more than they do. 

• Like 2

It's pretty sad that women today have to worry about things like this in a park in broad daylight.  Perhaps having a big dog as a companion would help remedy this threat?

No, these brutes would probably rape the dog too.

Wow. Well maybe they'll pick someone next time that can more defend themselves.

Guys are kind of busy zipping and unzipping themselves. Bang. Then we'll all have to watch the media portraying them as good kids.

Humanity is a ****ing waste anymore.

Anymore?

Executions have NEVER reduced crime, violent or otherwise, and only encourages a more violent society.

Perhaps not, but it sure as s**t chops recidivism in the neck with a battle ax.

Arguably they don't deserve to live, but we don't have the right to kill them either. 

Lock them up forever, But no torture or killing. The moment you start advocating killing and torture/mutilation then you are a savage and don't belong in a civilized society any more than they do. 

That's going on the basis that we were ever civilized to begin with. I guess some people don't watch the news though. :P

Executions have NEVER reduced crime, violent or otherwise, and only encourages a more violent society. 

Personally,

Don't care what those statistics might say. If it was my daughter getting raped in a park, seeing as how that's what this topic was, I'd FEEL better watching the freaking pigs fry or getting hung by the gonads!!

• Like 2

Personally,

Don't care what those statistics might say. If it was my daughter getting raped in a park, seeing as how that's what this topic was, I'd FEEL better watching the freaking pigs fry or getting hung by the gonads!!

Same here. Not only a daughter but any close family member.

Perhaps not, but it sure as s**t chops recidivism in the neck with a battle ax.

Dunno over here we don't execute and our repeat criminal stats are far lower than your punishment system.

We have a far worse class of criminals domestic narco-terrorists than you do too. Ours would have yours for a light snack.

I wonder why that is...? :p  Clearly, it's not your system of punishment acting as a deterrent, and you have the death penalty in quite a lot of states...

• Like 1

Absence of a death penalty means little. Michigan hasn't had a death penalty since statehood in 1846, the first English speaking govt. in the world to abolish it, for what good its done us.

Its presence means little too.  Lots of your states have it, and you still have one of the highest murder rates of any western nation.

Not as big a difference as you think. The homicide rate for the US is 4.8/100,000 and dropping fast, more than halving in just over a decade, while that of Europe as a region is 3.5/100,000. Numbers are from the UNODC (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime).

Not as big a difference as you think. The homicide rate for the US is 4.8/100,000 and dropping fast, more than halving in just over a decade, while that of Europe as a region is 3.5/100,000. Numbers are from the UNODC (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime).

Sorry, you can't compare one country verses dozens just to make your figures look better.  Looking at individual countries, we have the US at 4.7, and the UK at 1.0; Norway at 2.3, Spain at 0.8, Germany at 0.8, France at 1.2 and so on...

• Like 2

I'm guessign those Norway numbers are from after and includes the Behring Breivik massacre.

That's the 2011 figure (only ones I could find o the UNODC site. 1995 to 2011.  Before then it was in the 0.6 to 0.7 range so I guess you're right, the Breivik nutter seriously boosted your figures.

Incidentally, for anyone interested, the figures can be found here:

http://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-and-analysis/homicide.html