Posted 09 September 2013 - 19:45

Noesp8W.jpg

Arch Linux x64
XFCE 4.10
Theme: Greybird (33% opacity on panel)
Wallpaper: Taken from here
Icons: Faelementary
UI Font: Adobe Source Sans Pro

Wallpaper is split across two monitors with the orange portal on the right side of the left monitor, and the blue portal on the left side of the right monitor :)

Definitely the coolest multi-screen wallpaper ever! Might have to steal that one myself, haha.

I'll pass on posting a screenshot of any of mine. For work think about stock Elementary OS and you'll know what my Linux station looks like. For home imagine stock Linux Mint 15 and you'll know what that one looks like. :laugh:

#17 +Majesticmerc

Majesticmerc

Resident Idealist

• Tech Issues Solved: 9
  • Phone: HTC One X

Posted 09 September 2013 - 21:38

Definitely the coolest multi-screen wallpaper ever! Might have to steal that one myself, haha.

Go for it! Definitely one of my favourite wallpapers, my only grievance is that in order to cater to my different monitor resolutions (left is 1080p, right is 1680x1050), the dots don't align properly >.<

#18 +Jack Unterweger

Jack Unterweger

in linux i trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3

Posted 13 September 2013 - 16:48

desk1.jpg

#19 AJerman

AJerman

Boomer Sooner!

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 13 September 2013 - 17:35

You got something working now macstar??

#20 +Jack Unterweger

Jack Unterweger

in linux i trust

Posted 13 September 2013 - 17:37

yes. ubuntu 13.04 with cinnamon and nemo. all x64. installed many apps today and everything runs stable. :)

#21 ncc50446

ncc50446

Engage!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Android CM11 4.4.4

Posted 13 September 2013 - 22:17

Well, finally had a chance to install Debian...Tried Arch, but didn't have the time sadly to get it to work..

Pretty basic KDE setup..Hopefully I'll have time to play with it some more lol Using Debian on my server, figured would throw it on my laptop as well to play around with. Quite like Debian for the most part.

snapshot-Sep-13-2013.png

#22 ViperAFK

ViperAFK

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 16 September 2013 - 20:13

Mostly vanilla gnome 3.8 on arch :) Used KDE for a while, but its still got some issues for me, and I've been pretty happy with gnome anyway.

Screenshot from 2013-09-16 16:12:48.png

#23 +Jack Unterweger

Jack Unterweger

in linux i trust

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:58

a little bit tuning here and there, new iconset and new wallpaper :D

desktop_sept2.jpg

#24 Haggis

Haggis

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 16
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (i9305)

Posted 20 September 2013 - 17:12

wcfyEQl.jpg

HLY9RJN.jpg

#25 +Yorak

Yorak

Insubordinate

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:13

I have used every major desktop environment and various other window managers in the past few years. Basically, my laptop is just a testing tool. I always seem to come back to Xfce. I just love how modular it is. Running the same programs as I was in Openbox, it is using about the same amount of RAM. You may notice that I am only using one partition now. That is because if I truly wanted to reformat everything but my home directory, I could still do that. I only recently learned that, hehe.

z13y5Anl.png

#26 ColeBee

ColeBee

Neowinian

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:36

I have used every major desktop environment and various other window managers in the past few years. Basically, my laptop is just a testing tool. I always seem to come back to Xfce. I just love how modular it is. Running the same programs as I was in Openbox, it is using about the same amount of RAM. You may notice that I am only using one partition now. That is because if I truly wanted to reformat everything but my home directory, I could still do that. I only recently learned that, hehe.

I love how your Xfce panel looks exactly the same as your tint2 panel :p

More info on only having one partition though? I guess for simplicity's sake it makes it easy..

I just can't get enough of Openbox and tint2, it's so simple.

NC5YKw3l.jpg

#27 +Yorak

Yorak

Insubordinate

Posted 22 September 2013 - 15:08

I love how your Xfce panel looks exactly the same as your tint2 panel :p

More info on only having one partition though? I guess for simplicity's sake it makes it easy..

I just can't get enough of Openbox and tint2, it's so simple.

Very similar, yeah. I have a very specific taste, lol. Tint2 was great, but there is a bug with it not honoring tray icon order settings. That was bothering me. To quote the ArchWiki Partitioning page, "Separating out /home allows / to be re-partitioned separately, but note that you can still reinstall Arch with /home untouched even if it isn't separate - the other top-level directories just need to be removed, and then pacstrap can be run." Makes perfect sense, I just did not think about it before because I have always done a clean install. Are you using xterm? I would recommend rxvt-unicode-patched from the AUR if you want to have some fun.

#28 ColeBee

ColeBee

Neowinian

Posted 22 September 2013 - 22:43

Very similar, yeah. I have a very specific taste, lol. Tint2 was great, but there is a bug with it not honoring tray icon order settings. That was bothering me. To quote the ArchWiki Partitioning page, "Separating out /home allows / to be re-partitioned separately, but note that you can still reinstall Arch with /home untouched even if it isn't separate - the other top-level directories just need to be removed, and then pacstrap can be run." Makes perfect sense, I just did not think about it before because I have always done a clean install. Are you using xterm? I would recommend rxvt-unicode-patched from the AUR if you want to have some fun.

Hum, guess it does. Honestly have never reinstalled Arch ever, also usually just do a clean install. Never have enough personal files on here worth really keeping, been sticking everything on the cloud or another drive on my network. And yeah, haven't bothered with my terminal yet, still a rather clean install. I do enjoy urxvt, but don't think I would have caught the patched version, thanks for that. Something new to theme after I finish up ncmpcpp :D

#29 cultavix

cultavix

cultavix

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:47

Some awesome desktops guys... Here is mine

Conky

Cinnamon with theme

Fedora 19 64-Bit

Screenshot+from+2013-09-18+19%253A33%253

#30 cultavix

cultavix

cultavix

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:54

I know this one isn't mine but its just simply awesome.

original.png

Find the details here: http://www.lifehacke...entary-desktop/