using 8.1 on my Acer w500
1) When you tap a text box on the desktop side on a tablet that ONLY has a virtual keyboard it still requires you to press the keyboard icon in the bottom right
2) Still no option to select your time zone during install / setup (retarded!) . I'm still coming across, Windows 8 computer that are MONTHS old, that are still set on Pacific time.
3) Doesn't automatically put Metro apps on the start screen, I knew they were going to do this for regular windows which plastered the start screen with worthless ugly icons, but I Thought they would still auto add apps from the store.
4) Once activated with your windows 8 key, I couldn't find anyway to close the window when it says 'Thanks, you're all done" had to just swip down to kill it. But then when I went back to PC settings it was still there. Had to restart just to get rid of that box so I could access PC settings.
5) Trying to run an app that requires Dotnet 2.0 / 3.5 and it says cannot connect to download. Blah, Why does it even have to do this, With Windows 7 it just worked, no downloading or anything!
Yesterday I talked to 3 people about Windows 8. 2 of them had it for a while, and I think they really wanted to swear, but they where able to hold back. I hooked them up with start 8 and they are much happier.
The other person had to upgrade because for some reason (which was news to me) Office 2013 dropped support for Vista. I knew they dropped support for XP but I had no idea it won't install on vista. So they upgraded to windows 8. When his girlfriend saw windows 8 she said "oh god".
Now people might think I just post the people who hate windows 8, so I will tell you about ONE person who has been using it for a while, and I asked him what he thought about it, and he said "It's not that bad".
There we go, that's the one person who said something good about it, at least the only one I can remember..