All Services are stopped. I can't do anything

It wasnt mentioned because it isnt a typical cause of the issue. We could go on with hypothetical causes but what would that resolve?

The next issue is this, being that it was so infected, what makes you think that you got it all? I would have to run many scanners when I did this for a stint and when I would encounter one this bad there would be a bit of a manual process to finish removing the infected files even after scans. You hand this back expect to get it back sooner than later for more scans or a wipe and rebuild.

It wasnt mentioned because it isnt a typical cause of the issue. We could go on with hypothetical causes but what would that resolve?

The next issue is this, being that it was so infected, what makes you think that you got it all? I would have to run many scanners when I did this for a stint and when I would encounter one this bad there would be a bit of a manual process to finish removing the infected files even after scans. You hand this back expect to get it back sooner than later for more scans or a wipe and rebuild.

I understand that but if the scans stuck at said percent for awhile, I would cancel and do the format/install to get over with it and get it back to the owner.  

That's why I hate stuck scans, so I rather format/install for quick service. After installation, I will tell the owner to the scan weekly or whatever he can, so he/she makes sure the PC is up to date and clean from nasty crap.

@papercut, that is good point but I am not sure he can do a thing on that or not ...only he can do is install the drivers as the first post stated. Which is why he can not do anything else except installing the drivers.

Seriously I dont want to start a flame war here but install Linux for the guy. You can get all the Mom and Pop Shop (As you Americans say) Apps, VLC,Firefox,Chrome,Skype for it. Easy to use and fast.

Sounds like this is the type of user who always finds enough rope to hang himself.  If it was me, I'd remove the admin rights from his regular account and have a long discussion with him on the reasons for it.  Then he can either live with those restrictions, or find someone else to fix the problems he's otherwise going to keep creating.