Rumor: U.S Carriers pulling BB10 devices from stores due to poor sales

My manager told me the other day that all blackberry 10 devices will now be only available via direct ship. I work at a corporate store in cleveland I have to go check the Email but I'm not sure if this has just affected NorthEast Ohio. Does anyone know is this nationwide.

Posted via CB10

Suburb of Chicago...same.

Sad.

I has posted that a short while ago. We are in Jacksonville FL and my friend's husband, who is the BlackBerry rep at the Tmobile store said they had pulled all BlackBerrys off the shelves.

Sprint is direct ship only too. I went in to get 3 for family members and was told it had to be ordered. WTF do carrier's just want 2 types of phones? So what they don't sell like the other still offer them in ur stores.

I can confirm Best Buy has shifted Verizon Z10s to Insta-ship and pulled all inventory, AT&T will not be replenished. Radio Shack is now all direct-ship once stock is depleted. AT&T Corporate is selling though stock and will be online only by the end of september.

Source: UNENO

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/no-more-blackberry-z10-q10s-coming-t-mobile-store-845127/

good riddance, they were much to late to the game and BB is seen as a dinosaur of a phone no matter how flashy they make it. what they should do is open source their os or sell their os to other companies to distribute it on their hardware. soon enough BB will be out of business though.

• Like 2

Sad. I think the new phones were interesting, but way too late in the market. The same could be said about Windows Phone back in 2011, but at least they're getting some traction now.

I'm a manager of an AT&T retailer (non corporate). It's up to us if we want to keep any in stock. We've only sold one Z10 since it's launch and the Q10 we sold got returned literally in under 45 minutes. We still have to keep the display model on the wall, but we're not ordering any of the devices. My acquaintance manager at a huge Verizon chain is in the same position. They're trying to give them away on "manager's special" just to get them out of their inventory since they've been sitting there for too long. 

• 3 weeks later...

Wow... I am so close to buying a Q10 on Sprint.. I am just waiting a little bit longer because I feel as if the $200+ price tag on the device is too much (obviously)

But if I wait too long I might not be able to get one at all very soon! lol! :(