What would it take to waken the UK to liberty?

It's a fairly self-explanatory title, really biggrin.gif

What would it take, do you think, to wake the people of the UK up to the realising of the value of liberty (and the willingness to be involved in taking it back)?

I have plenty of liberty's as a Birtish citizen. Not sure what you could be referring to?

• Like 3

What is this "liberty" you speak of?

lib?er?ty [lib-er-tee]  noun

1. freedom from arbitrary or despotic government or control.

2. freedom from external or foreign rule; independence.

• Like 2

To name one the myriad of Internet Blocks the UK government keep putting through. The whole Guardian reporter business a few weeks ago. I could go on, Just hoping to generate some healthy discussion.

You mean overthrow the Queen?

Edit: Oh well. In that case I think the US is more in need of liberty than anyone else. But with agencies like NSA, it won't be happening anytime soon.

• Like 1

nly people who worry about it are narcissistic paranoid weirdos who feel special, and don't understand at all what it is and how it works.

Yes, not wanting to be spied on by your own government is being a "paranoid weirdo"

If you have no issues with this (i.e you have nothing to hide) then clearly you have no issue with the government putting CCTV in every room of your house. After all, you have nothing to hide.

you can always try mock UK peoples for any kind of "Liberty" they missing / don't have, be aggressive and almost insulting as possible, BUT you must remain factual in your stance.

That would irk lots of peoples about it, and they try to counter by gaining what they supposedly doesn't have.

i always think that it makes people feel important, that someone out there is watching and listening to whatever they do. truth is most people just do mundane routine things for most of their days, certainly not worth watching and recording

• Like 2

i always think that it makes people feel important, that someone out there is watching and listening to whatever they do. truth is most people just do mundane routine things for most of their days, certainly not worth watching and recording

And Daddy said your a good girl huh........thats not what I heard

2bd5472979584c02ef633fac2c3280eb.png

you can always try mock UK peoples for any kind of "Liberty" they missing / don't have, be aggressive and almost insulting as possible, BUT you must remain factual in your stance.

That would irk lots of peoples about it, and they try to counter by gaining what they supposedly doesn't have.

huh?

I can go anywhere I please, there are no unreasonable limits on most activities, sure we get ripped off, a lot but I think we have liberty in the UK.

• Like 2

I thought Brits got everything free, watch tellie, gamble a lot, and only work if they feel like it. :laugh:

Only if you're married to a jobless cretin who got pregnant at 13 and has continued to pump out children at a rate of about one every 9 months until she has enough to form her own football team.

Define "true liberty". Censorship of the Internet is happening all over the western world, it's the price you pay when you allow your politicians to be brought and sold by corporate lobby groups. I don't feel I have a lack of freedom here at all, the only "freedom" we lack that the yanks have is guns and that's something I'm pretty happy about.

No society in the world has complete freedom, and asking loaded questions like this without any context strikes me as a bit silly.

I thought Brits got everything free, watch tellie, gamble a lot, and only work if they feel like it.  :laugh:

You do realise that Fox News often tell lies, right? :P

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

You mean overthrow the Queen?

Edit: Oh well. In that case I think the US is more in need of liberty than anyone else. But with agencies like NSA, it won't be happening anytime soon.

I thought the whole Monarchy thing is just more ceremonial these days, what with members of Parliment running things, does Liz even have any say on what goes on anymore?