Photo

What would it take to waken the UK to liberty?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 OP +RedReddington

RedReddington

member_id=28229

• 9,859 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:11

Why do you ask has someone discovered your weed growing room Chuck? :woot: :rolleyes: :laugh:

Yes its called Amsterdam :laugh: :D :shiftyninja:

#17 +mulligan2k

mulligan2k

Neowinian

• 750 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:14

i always think that it makes people feel important, that someone out there is watching and listening to whatever they do. truth is most people just do mundane routine things for most of their days, certainly not worth watching and recording

#18 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• 7,257 posts
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:36

Pretty sure most of us have woken up to liberty this morning. I know i did.

#19 arachnoid

arachnoid

A day without sunshine is like night.

• 4,423 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:44

i always think that it makes people feel important, that someone out there is watching and listening to whatever they do. truth is most people just do mundane routine things for most of their days, certainly not worth watching and recording

And Daddy said your a good girl huh........thats not what I heard

2bd5472979584c02ef633fac2c3280eb.png

#20 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,863 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:44

you can always try mock UK peoples for any kind of "Liberty" they missing / don't have, be aggressive and almost insulting as possible, BUT you must remain factual in your stance.

That would irk lots of peoples about it, and they try to counter by gaining what they supposedly doesn't have.

huh?

#21 Richard C.

Richard C.

Neowinian Senior

• 3,655 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:06

I can go anywhere I please, there are no unreasonable limits on most activities, sure we get ripped off, a lot but I think we have liberty in the UK.

#22 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,226 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 15:55

I thought Brits got everything free, watch tellie, gamble a lot, and only work if they feel like it. :laugh:

#23 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 6,021 posts
  • Phone: Xperia Z3

Posted 03 September 2013 - 16:01

I thought Brits got everything free, watch tellie, gamble a lot, and only work if they feel like it. :laugh:

Only if you're married to a jobless cretin who got pregnant at 13 and has continued to pump out children at a rate of about one every 9 months until she has enough to form her own football team.

#24 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

• 6,061 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 16:05

Define "true liberty". Censorship of the Internet is happening all over the western world, it's the price you pay when you allow your politicians to be brought and sold by corporate lobby groups. I don't feel I have a lack of freedom here at all, the only "freedom" we lack that the yanks have is guns and that's something I'm pretty happy about.

No society in the world has complete freedom, and asking loaded questions like this without any context strikes me as a bit silly.

I thought Brits got everything free, watch tellie, gamble a lot, and only work if they feel like it.  :laugh:

You do realise that Fox News often tell lies, right? :p

#25 Xerino

Xerino

The Mouth

• 2,714 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 20:38

You mean overthrow the Queen?

Edit: Oh well. In that case I think the US is more in need of liberty than anyone else. But with agencies like NSA, it won't be happening anytime soon.

I thought the whole Monarchy thing is just more ceremonial these days, what with members of Parliment running things, does Liz even have any say on what goes on anymore?

#26 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,366 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:07

I thought the whole Monarchy thing is just more ceremonial these days, what with members of Parliment running things, does Liz even have any say on what goes on anymore?

It is, but the way some Brits and non Brits act about it you'd think it was the other way, especially crazy talk will come from Theyarecomingforyou here real soon to "refute" the truth

#27 Raa

Raa

Resident president

• 12,932 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:09

Are you sure you didn't mean to say "Australians"? :p

#28 Secular Humanist

Secular Humanist

Neowinian Senior

• 3,894 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:23

What would it take, do you think, to wake the people of the UK up to the realising of the value of liberty (and the willingness to be involved in taking it back)?

what liberty do Americans enjoy that people from England don't? you are meaning guns right? 

#29 blerk

blerk

Banned User

• 734 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:36

what liberty do Americans enjoy that people from England don't? you are meaning guns right? 

I sense an imminent thread derail...

#30 BillyJack

BillyJack

Neowinian

• 757 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:51

I am not sure what you mean by liberties but if you are talking about the government then everyone drinks the Kool-Aid. It does not really matter if you are happy with it. It does not make sense to complain and gripe when you do nothing about what you are not happy about. Be a leader, lead and try to make changes. The fact is everyone is too busy living life or trying to make a living and do not have the time to make changes. The only people who have time are those with money that do not have to make a living, politicians, lawyers and corporations. The most time people spend is listening to the lies from media and then ranting about it. We all live in this system and are content. We go home to our big screen TVs, video games, computers, whatever it is that we like. We complain when there are people who are far worse off then us. Freedom does not come free. Would you rather have your own little village and have no government or other services? Eventually another village will come over and take over your village. Eventually villages would get tired of it, come together, start a government, and implement services. Man kind has been there in the past and it has become what we have today. The question is how can it be better. How do you please millions of people under one roof? One person likes white painted fences and another likes plain wood fences. Everybody complains about something and wants something and it is all different then each other. We could learn to accept each other and let each other be who we want to be but can we? There are people who take it to the extreme. A person might find it acceptable to kill people. Should we let them be who they are or intervene? Who are we to decide? Who are they to decide? Maybe we should all get our own planet and be left alone. Truth is that we all need each other. We all need to get on the same page and work together. Make a better life for you. For me. For everyone. Problem is that man is greedy. As long as there is greed we will have these problems. I know this is a long crazy rant but it can encapsulate every conversation in this entire thread. From start to end. One big circle. Round and round we go. Without the U.K. the U.S. would not exist and I am sure it is the other way too.