Unbearable wireless performance

I posted about video streaming problems but now I am noticing terribly slow wireless performance on my network. I have Time Warner Wideband which is a 50Mbps service and wired performance is great. However, doing anything on my phone or tablet is super slow. I bypass the TW router and use a Netgear R6300 router which is dual band. I can't even watch YouTube videos wirelessly and pictures on sites like Facebook load really slow. Should I maybe try using Time Warner's Device as my router? I came close to buying a $200 AC router yesterday but I'm not sure if that would help anything.

first thing i would check is that nothing is overheating.

my router would overheat, never used to turn it off, i started to get 250kbps download speed all of a sudden, after a few days of this and calling up the company, trying all sorts to fix it, cleaned the router and the speed was up to 750Kbps download speeds. 

You say you bypass the TW router? How is that? Are you double natting would be my guess, or did you setup this netgear as just an access point?

Can you describe your setup, drawing works wonders. And have you tested speeds of your wireless to one of your wired boxes using say iperf or robocopy to copy a file?

Are you using 2.4 or 5 as your band, are doing 20 or 40mhz channels? Do you have anything other than N devices connected. And Yes what does the graphs on inssider look like?

But don't try testing your speed with inssider running - they will be crap!!

I bypass the TW router by using "bridge mode". I've done speed tests on tablets and get nearly the advertised 50Mbps. I just can't figure out why it doesn't seem like my performance is that good. It's so bad I have no prayer of streaming HD content. I'll post a picture of inSSIder when I get home.

so your using their device as just a bridge and your router as that actual NAT device, so your netgear gets a public IP on its wan interface.

Unless there is some major interference, or you have something saturating your wireless network you should be able to get about the same speeds as a wired box to the internet.. Unless your internet connection is just screaming fast..

Even a G wireless is capable of about 20Mbps topping out at about 23, and N I see 70Mbps.. So with my internet download speed from ISP of about 27Mbps I don't have any problems streaming.

Yes, exactly. It occurred to me this morning that maybe my Philips Hue system is saturating the network? I have the Hue router and 5 bulbs.

That should not really generate a lot of traffic?? And doesn't have its own wireless bridge that you just connect with wire to your router..

So it would not be using your wireless network other than say your phone/tablet running the app talking to your wireless router, then over the wire to the bridge.

It might interfere with it? I can not seem to find details of what frequency band the bridge uses to talk to the bulbs - but I don't believe is your standard 802.11 stuff

So again that traffic is not really over your own wireless network..

Yeah you should be streaming!!! There seems to be NOTHING in your area other than your own wireless..

So have you done an actual test doing say a file copy from your wired machine to a wireless client?

Where are you seeing speeds your reporting?

Dont be running inssider while doing any speed testing or its going to REALLY suck!!!

^ Clearly you do not understand signal strength as presented

-46dbm is a freaking Screaming Signal!!! Normally you would see more like -70 or -80, he must be right next to the thing..