5 replies to this topic

#1 John Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

• 656 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 20:25

New Killer Instinct trailer shows all new female character
by John Callaham

One of Microsoft's launch titles for the Xbox One is a revival of the classic fighting game series Killer Instinct. This weekend, a new trailer for the game was released that showed the first glimpse of an all new character, instead of showing a revamped version of one of the original Killer Instinct fighters.

The video, which has been posted by various sources to YouTube, at first shows one of the previously announced characters, the Native American fighter Thunder, displaying some major combo moves. At the very end of the clip (around the 1:02 mark) we see the entrance of another character who proceeds to take on Thunder. The unnamed fighter is female and is seen moving into the level by what look like to be spider webs.

The character shows off a few attacks, some of which incorporate the spider web powers. This lady also has what look like really big knifes coming out of her costume's arms and wrists.

Killer Instinct is being developed by Double Helix Games, working with Microsoft's Rare studios which created the original games in the series. Microsoft will release one character for free on the Xbox One and the other seven characters can be purchased for $4.99 each, or in a bundle pack for $19.99. There are plans to release a second "season" of eight more fighters in 2014.

Source: YouTube

#2 madd-hatter

madd-hatter

Crazy Hat Salesman

• 1,348 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 03:20

Microsoft will release one character for free on the Xbox One and the other seven characters can be purchased for $4.99 each, or in a bundle pack for $19.99. There are plans to release a second "season" of eight more fighters in 2014.

:sleep:

#3 Rudy

Rudy

Neowinian Senior

• 22,349 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:02

I've been wanting a new KI for a long time and somehow this game doesn't really feel like a new KI, it has the name and some characters from the original games but no soul.

#4 madd-hatter

madd-hatter

Crazy Hat Salesman

• 1,348 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:09

I've been wanting a new KI for a long time and somehow this game doesn't really feel like a new KI, it has the name and some characters from the original games but no soul.

I feel the same way. I played the SNES version til it didn't work anymore...

#5 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 17,438 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:15

Only time will tell, I gave up fighting games a long time ago but I'm sure this will do well, and I like the idea of expanding on it more in 2014 with newer characters.  And heck, for $20 does it really matter?  Lots of people just play a set number of characters in their fighting game of choice and this version of KI is more about the online PvP of it all so you don't need to have every character in the game.

#6 Thief000

Thief000

Neowinian

• 1,204 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:29

:sleep:

I actually think it's a good idea to do that instead of releasing "new" fighting games with only minor tweaks and a few new characters, like Capcom does with Street Fighter for example.

This way keeps the game fresh without people requiring to buy a new edition of what essentially is the same game.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!