Microsoft buys Nokia devices and services

It looks as though Nokia just stopped being a phone company. Very interesting indeed. And now that Elop is going to be going over to MSFT, I'll bet pretty much anything he'll be the next CEO. And I think he'd be great at it.

It looks as though Nokia just stopped being a phone company. Very interesting indeed. And now that Elop is going to be going over to MSFT, I'll bet pretty much anything he'll be the next CEO. And I think he'd be great at it.

Ye'll do great /s 

He'll run MS into the ground like he did Nokia, I really hop the MS board is smarter than that and get a competent CEO

Not sure what's exciting about it.. Microsoft managed to kill one of the great mobile companies.. They put up an incompetent idiot who would destroy Nokia and then Microsoft would buy it for relatively cheap.

This was Elop's whole duty.. from the very beginning.

And with this, when Windows Phone completely goes belly up, so will Nokia and Microsoft will in the end just get their patents and try to extort everyone else to pay them a fee since they are miserable failure in pretty much anything mobile. 

Hey look it, Boz shows up and bashes Windows phone! Who didn't see that coming.    That's almost as shocking as MS buying the phone part of Nokia! 

Why can't you just go enjoy whatever mobile phone OS you like, and let the (rapidly) growing number of WP fans love their phones?  

Not sure what's exciting about it.. Microsoft managed to kill one of the great mobile companies.. They put up an incompetent idiot who would destroy Nokia and then Microsoft would buy it for relatively cheap.

This was Elop's whole duty.. from the very beginning.

And with this, when Windows Phone completely goes belly up, so will Nokia and Microsoft will in the end just get their patents and try to extort everyone else to pay them a fee since they are miserable failure in pretty much anything mobile. 

either that or they will use Nokea in order to push Windows Phone by controlling a company that already has manufacturing capacity and name recognition in the mobile market.

just look at Nokea's front page. It already looks like it's owned by Microsoft. They are going to push this HARD.

http://www.nokia.com/us-en/

Microsoft is a software company and always has been. Running a hardware business is not its core competency, and never will be. There's no way Microsoft could take over a company like Nokia without screwing it up.

Microsoft is a software company and always has been. Running a hardware business is not its core competency, and never will be. There's no way Microsoft could take over a company like Nokia without screwing it up.

Xbox , Xbox 360 , Xbox one , Surface  

beg to differ

• Like 3

Microsoft have been a hardware company for years.

Ye'll do great /s 

He'll run MS into the ground like he did Nokia, I really hop the MS board is smarter than that and get a competent CEO

yea turning Nokia around from a downward spiral really ran them into the ground

What's gonna happen to the name? I guess they can't use the Nokia name anymore?

Will they still be allowed to use the Lumia name, or are they going to rename everything to Surface?

Lots of questions!

I hope they keep the Lumia name and just use that for the whole phone line.

I guess Elop will be the next CEO for MS, seems only logical.

What's gonna happen to the name? I guess they can't use the Nokia name anymore?

Will they still be allowed to use the Lumia name, or are they going to rename everything to Surface?

Lots of questions!

I hope they keep the Lumia name and just use that for the whole phone line.

Microsoft's licensing deal for the Nokia brand doesn't include future Lumias ? Nokia as a smartphone brand is effectively dead, as Microsoft takes the lineup in-house.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/2/4688530/microsoft-buys-nokias-devices-and-services-unit-unites-windows-phone