2014 Volkswagen Golf R

I understand what you're implying, but believe it or not, it's not a bad car (I just had a bad experience with mine), and for it's class, it's competition would be the A3 or the 1 Series.

That's not a fair comparison

Why is not fair? Add in the MB A class (although the US will sadly never see that car). There are much better hot hatches, both RWD and AWD - they maybe slightly more expensive, like the M135i or the A45 AMG, but the Golf will never come close to the driving dynamics. The A45/M135i are way better driver's car, way more powerful, and way more fun. 

Perhaps in the US where VW is manufactured in Mexico. Here in Europe VW is a quality car that many people love to drive and steal! LOL. I have driven both American and European cars, and VW in my opinion wins hands down. Others will disagree...

I don't think the area of manufacturing has that much of an effect on it.

Even some of the reports from Europe show that VW isn't a great brand:

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/introduction/1206676#serieslist

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/best-cars/14928/best-manufacturers

Why is not fair? Add in the MB A class (although the US will sadly never see that car). There are much better hot hatches, both RWD and AWD - they maybe slightly more expensive, like the M135i or the A45 AMG, but the Golf will never come close to the driving dynamics. The A45/M135i are way better driver's car, way more powerful, and way more fun. 

No I meant the comparison, A golf isn't even in the same class or league as an A4 or a 3 series

Golfs pricing has always been ridiculous. Here in India, if VW releases this at similar prices, expect them to move 0 units. Here it's more of a status symbol. People will buy BMW, Audi or Mercs for that price.

No I meant the comparison, A golf isn't even in the same class or league as an A4 or a 3 series

Nope, but very close in pricing. I'd definitely have a A4 or 3 series or C class if it means paying a few more thousand dollars for a better interior/exterior/driving experience. At the end of the day, the Golf GTI/R is nothing but a glorified boy racer car to me - in the likes of the STI's/Evo's/Civic SI's. Besides, the VW crowd has some serious issues with lowering the car (to an extreme) and going with hideous stance looks. 

Nope, but very close in pricing. I'd definitely have a A4 or 3 series or C class if it means paying a few more thousand dollars for a better interior/exterior/driving experience. At the end of the day, the Golf GTI/R is nothing but a glorified boy racer car to me - in the likes of the STI's/Evo's/Civic SI's. Besides, the VW crowd has some serious issues with lowering the car (to an extreme) and going with hideous stance looks. 

There is a huge following for a reason and just because you don't like it, it does not mean its hideous to everyone else. Heck there is bimmer's and benz's with huge drops and "hideous" stances. Oh and please don't compare Golf R/GTI to STI's/Evo'S/Civic SI's. VW offering way ahead of them with interior quality and features you get for the price you pay. Not trying to flame btw, just saying ;) 

I had about 5 VW cars in my short time since I started driving ( 12 years) and I had no big issues that would derail me from buying another VW. Right now, I am enjoying my G37S coupe but will def. look back getting into Golf R or any VW for that matter.

There is a huge following for a reason and just because you don't like it, it does not mean its hideous to everyone else. Heck there is bimmer's and benz's with huge drops and "hideous" stances. Oh and please don't compare Golf R/GTI to STI's/Evo'S/Civic SI's. VW offering way ahead of them with interior quality and features you get for the price you pay. Not trying to flame btw, just saying ;)

I had about 5 VW cars in my short time since I started driving ( 12 years) and I had no big issues that would derail me from buying another VW. Right now, I am enjoying my G37S coupe but will def. look back getting into Golf R or any VW for that matter.

Just saying there is a HUGE subculture with VW people dropping their cars. Yes, there is a culture in every car manufacturer where people lower their car, but VW people take it to an extreme when it comes to stance and dropping it on bags. Not saying you won't see an STI or Evo or BMW or Mercedes or Audi that have hideous stances, but with VW that seems to be the thing to do. I have seen so many in my area - just not for me. I like lowering cars to minimize wheel gap, but nothing more than that.

Personally, I think GTI's do belong in the STI/Evo interior quality, maybe not Civic SI, as that is a lot cheaper than the others. It may be laid out better than the STI and Evo, but yeah, there is nothing to brag about in interior quality on a Golf.