Need some motherboard RMA/returns advice

just tell them you took pictures before you sent it in, and believe warranty fraud has occured,and that you will be contacting an attorney and the relevant authorities to take this matter further. make sure to make it a point that you have all the proof in the world that there was damaged caused on their end. kinda rub it in.

I don't want to lie, I'll be as bad as that member of staff.

Besides, I can't lie to that extent and not actually have photographic evidence.

Can you post a photo of the damage by the way?

Also which company was it - you may be able to escalate it beyond first level CS.

post-645-0-17059400-1378924847.jpg

It's an Asus motherboard. I'm unsure if I should mention the online retailer I'm going through the RMA issue with :S

if you havent already, setup a forums account for the ASUS forums and explain your story there. THey have some really good reps on their forums who I think can get you in touch with the right people.

Asus.com support is terrible and RMAs are a pain

if you havent already, setup a forums account for the ASUS forums and explain your story there. THey have some really good reps on their forums who I think can get you in touch with the right people.

I didn't send it back to Asus. I followed the correct route and sent it to the online retailer I bought it from.

With damage like that, I'd take it further. There's no way that shipping damage would cause those pins to bend. Besides, they don't look snapped, they could probably be bent back into place.

Sounds like Overclockers support to me!

Simply not true. I had a couple of laptops that the screens were cracked, they were easy to get a hold of and issues a rma very quickly and easily, one of the better RMA/warranty experiences I have had in a while.

With damage like that, I'd take it further. There's no way that shipping damage would cause those pins to bend. Besides, they don't look snapped, they could probably be bent back into place.

Sounds like Overclockers support to me!

We had to take Overclockers UK support to the small claims court around 5-6 years ago. We won.

But yes, I don't see how that could have happened in the box on the way there :/

I didn't send it back to Asus. I followed the correct route and sent it to the online retailer I bought it from.

This is not the correct route if it is an asus warrantied product, if it is retailer warranty...yeah good luck. 

This is not the correct route if it is an asus warrantied product, if it is retailer warranty...yeah good luck. 

Asus' website told me to send it to the retailer :S

Simply not true. I had a couple of laptops that the screens were cracked, they were easy to get a hold of and issues a rma very quickly and easily, one of the better RMA/warranty experiences I have had in a while.

Yep, I had to send a few of their boards back, due to RAM slot problems. I sent a laptop back to them as well, because of a faulty wireless card. They were great at this, getting me the replacement within 5-7 days.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent Asus this:

I bought my P7H55-M SI motherboard from <online retailer than damaged the pins> on 11/09/2010.

Boot problems appeared recently (info here: www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1171507-new-build-bios-only-partly-detects-hard-drive - I am King Mustard), so I began the RMA process with <retailer> on 19/08/13. This was within the 3-year warranty period.

It was very well packaged when I sent it but the RMA was rejected due to "damaged socket" because the plate was not present when I sent it. I found this usual because it was unrelated to the reason I sent it to them. They returned the motherboard back with around 5-6 bent CPU socket pins. The CPU socket was in perfect condition when I sent it to them (as you can tell from the Neowin topic above, which was posted only days before I sent it away for RMA). I believe this motherboard was either accidently damaged by them and they're blaming me, or it was sabotaged on purpose by <retailer> due to the warranty period coming to an end so they can avoid the "hassle".

Is there anything I can do about the motherboard that had developed the fault (not booting from a drive)?

Asus replied this morning with:

According to your description, I suggest you contacting <retailer> again for the bent pin problem since bent pins was out of our warranty and we do not accept pay for maintance either.

I began my reply to Asus with:

<retailer> are denying all responsibility, which is highly frustrating.

... but now I am stuck and don't know how to progess with the situation :/

Well, sad to say, but that's why that little piece of plastic, often with a warning notice, exists. Neither side can prove the other's blame as such, but rules favor the retailer. Honestly, these days I'd throw it out of any complaints list as well.