1-year-old Brooklyn boy shot in head, killed as parents push stroller

I thought guns were banned in NYC?

banned for the law abiding citizens. that's the issue I have always had with democratic enclave gun laws. Criminals NEVER follow them. so the people are simply easy marks walking the streets.

banned for the law abiding citizens. that's the issue I have always had with democratic enclave gun laws. Criminals NEVER follow them. so the people are simply easy marks walking the streets.

Having less strict gun laws doesn't make people less easy targets. Its not like criminals come up and advertise they're going to shoot you and then give you time to pull out your gun before doing so. The argument for guns as a necessity for protection has always been flawed.

I guess it is news but it annoys me no end that the media seems to promote this type of news over many other things happening in the world.

I don't think that's fair at all. Killing somebody is a big deal, especially when that person is a child. In any other country the coverage of such an issue would be taken for granted yet sadly because of the prevalence of gun crime in the US it is considered part of an agenda or somehow less important than other world events. Domestic issues typically take precedence over international ones.

It is fair because of the lame-stream media's selective emphasis on this kind of case.

Ex: someone uses a firearm in a clear case of self defense and it goes in section B, page 20. This goes in section A, page 1 & likely above the fold.