Rapist may have contracted HIV from victim

The problem there is that even after the false accusation comes to light, the guys life is STILL ruined and the woman almost always gets away with it.

All of which is true. The fact remains that false accusations of rape are fairly rare. Compare that with low conviction rates or trivial sentencing on rapists and you can see that when it comes to sexual assault victims, women in particular, are usually robbed of justice.

All of which is true. The fact remains that false accusations of rape are fairly rare. Compare that with low conviction rates or trivial sentencing on rapists and you can see that when it comes to sexual assault victims, women in particular, are usually robbed of justice.

BOTH sides need justice. The accused is entitled to all the protections possible under the law UNTIL such time as he is convicted or exonerated.  Identities of both sides in a rape case should be kept confidential and ONLY released on a guilty verdict.

I don't wish any foul upon another living soul, however...and yes I know that takes away what I started my post with....he deserves everything that's coming to him. I would never hurt a human, nor would I evertake someones dignity in that way. What I say here doesn't matter much...what he did was and is unacceptable! And I mean that as society as a whole. How sad.  :(

So you are saying only I shouldn't judge other people on the internet? This entire thread is about people judging the rapist. Come on now. Wishing harm to come to people shows depravity. Wanting to see people hurt is nothing something people should be proud of, nor encouraged.

Um...were you never put through sex education?

Having unprotected sex willy nilly has a high chance of contracting HIV and in this case that is what exactly happened. Countless studies have proven this

Want to try your argument again? He raped someone and contracted it and as I said above the likely happened.

Um...were you never put through sex education?

Having unprotected sex willy nilly has a high chance of contracting HIV and in this case that is what exactly happened. Countless studies have proven this

Want to try your argument again? He raped someone and contracted it and as I said above the likely happened.

What are you even talking about? Nothing you said has anything to do with what was being argued. Nobody argued that he didn't get aids. Nobody argued that it wasn't his fault. Want to try comprehending what people said before posting nonsense?

Rapists aren't people

So the girl that was raped was someone you love? No? Yet here you are hoping some stranger dies a horrible death that never did anything wrong to you. Like I said, it shows your depravity. You can't call yourself civilized if you believe in eye for an eye. It's a pathetic way to look at people.

Actually, that would be a good anti rape shirt"

"I have HIV You probably don't want to rape me"

As silly as it would seem, it's probably a good idea, psychologically speaking, like the six inch spike attachment for the steering wheel to make drivers more careful.

So you are saying only I shouldn't judge other people on the internet? This entire thread is about people judging the rapist. Come on now. Wishing harm to come to people shows depravity. Wanting to see people hurt is nothing something people should be proud of, nor encouraged.

well your going to love me then as I think he should be taken out the back of the courthouse and just shot slowly one bodily appendage at a time he chose to commit an heinous crime so then the punishment should be just as heinous shoot fly me over from NZ give me a gun and I'll do it for free

Got a link to a story where a rapist is not longer a human because they magically transformed into another species? Didn't think so.

well i hope for your sake you can stay this way forever, i hope no one you care about will be raped or tortured or hurt and you can live in you happy all forgiving bubble where everyone has good inside them, for me and the most of us we'll continue to be happy when bad things happen to bad people...

well i hope for your sake you can stay this way forever, i hope no one you care about will be raped or tortured or hurt and you can live in you happy all forgiving bubble where everyone has good inside them, for me and the most of us we'll continue to be happy when bad things happen to bad people...

In a way, he's right. Rapists ARE humans.

Only humans act like that towards others. Animals don't rape.

So in other words, no, you have no links that prove your theory that rapist magically become something other than human. I have more than my fair share of family members and friends that have had things like this happen to them but it still makes you cruel and inhumane to think random strangers with no connection to you are no longer human because of a crime. It's not a "happy all forgiving bubble." It's called believing in basic human rights. You have to be pretty low morally and ethically to not believe in basic human rights.

Hell, the only people getting punished from this is the American tax payer. His life won't be affected by it other than taking a daily dose of drugs that will keep the virus at bay for the rest of his life, all expenses paid by everyone but him. HIV is not as dangerous as it once was, at least not if you have access to any drug you need. Be lets all remain ignorant of the matter like you and pretend we are better than him by saying "Yay, someone with absolutely no relation to us in any way shape or form got HIV." :rolleyes:

Animals don't rape.

Animals don't implicitly give consent, and moreover dominance is used to enforce sexual actions where the other party does not seek it nor choose it.

Animals don't implicitly give consent, and moreover dominance is used to enforce sexual actions where the other party does not seek it nor choose it.

Well, technically right and wrong, a female in a herd cannot be mated without a protest if she's not in heat, the male then has little choice and usually looks for another in his herd

When they do this, they magically become a member of another species. Yea, I feel stupid even saying that lol.

When they do this, they magically become a member of another species. Yea, I feel stupid even saying that lol.

Please stop posting.  The definition of Human has many different facets.  One being the difference between us and animals.  Thay we are not simply amoral, but understand and work within constraints.  The argument that such an act is inhuman does not mean they change species.  Stop being a pedant!

Please stop posting.  The definition of Human has many different facets.  One being the difference between us and animals.  Thay we are not simply amoral, but understand and work within constraints.  The argument that such an act is inhuman does not mean they change species.  Stop being a pedant!

How is human rights now a minor detail? The argument was they stop becoming human when they rape someone. That isn't a minor detail so pedant is not the right word to use. According to Som, a rapist has no human rights. The only way something doesn't have human rights is if its not a human. Based on that alone, Som is suggesting that committing rape makes the rapist transform into another species.

How is human rights now a minor detail? The argument was they stop becoming human when they rape someone. That isn't a minor detail so pedant is not the right word to use. According to Som, a rapist has no human rights. The only way something doesn't have human rights is if its not a human.

I already know I'm going to regret this, but speaking as a member of society, is a man rapes a woman, which the act is illegal, he has broken more than just the law, lets take the STI out of the equation for a moment, now if that woman, who was violated, fears going out etc... ends up pregnant with the rapist's child, she then has to face another humiliation and a quandary. Therefore in my opinion the rapist has lost his right to be respected as a fellow human being.

I already know I'm going to regret this, but speaking as a member of society, is a man rapes a woman, which the act is illegal, he has broken more than just the law, lets take the STI out of the equation for a moment, now if that woman, who was violated, fears going out etc... ends up pregnant with the rapist's child, she then has to face another humiliation and a quandary. Therefore in my opinion the rapist has lost his right to be respected as a fellow human being.

There is a massive difference between not respecting them as a fellow human being and the claim that they are no longer human which is what is being said. I've said it before in this thread, nobody is saying feel sorry for the guy. He got what he got due to his own actions. However, he is still a human.

How is human rights now a minor detail?

And exactly where did I say that.  Sorry, but if you cannot construct an argument without attempting to put words into my mouth, then just stop trying!

And exactly where did I say that.  Sorry, but if you cannot construct an argument without attempting to put words into my mouth, then just stop trying!

I didn't put any words in your mouth. Look up the word pedant. The detail I am on is human rights and you said I was being a pedant about it. If you are going to use fancy words, be sure to know what they mean. If you want to change the word, I'll give you that chance so this discussion doesn't get stuck on something you didn't actually mean.

ped?ant
?pednt/
noun
noun: pedant;?plural noun: pedants
a person who is excessively concerned with minor details

I'm quite sure I know what a pedant is (and it's hardly a "fancy word"), and now you are being arrogant and patronising.  My involvement in this topic is through - you cannot argue you actual point so you stoop to quoting the dictionary.  You already lost your own argument.