england drinking cocaine ecstasy sex offender

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
150 replies to this topic

#106 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

• 6,062 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 13:57

Doesn't matter its still HIV and HIV still turns into AIDS. Drugs may slow the process but he'll get AIDS and die eventually.

So will you, me, and everyone else, as House would say "Everybody Dies". These days it's not unknown for HIV / AIDS patients to live well into their 60s.

#107 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 18,674 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 14:02

You're right: thieves and vandals usually get harsher punishments than rapists...If they receive any punishment at all.

Here (and numerous other places) take rape very seriously. If causes serious injuries etc. Thd perp can get life in prison. Ditto for a kid under 13. If you come across a rape in progress, or are the victim, you can use lethal force to end the attack. Civil immunity attaches, so the perp or their survivors cannot sue.

#108 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 18,674 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 14:03

You're right: thieves and vandals usually get harsher punishments than rapists...If they receive any punishment at all.

Michigan (and numerous other places) takes rape very seriously. If it causes serious injuries etc. the perp can get life in prison. Ditto for raping a kid under 13. If you come across a rape in progress, or are the victim, you can use lethal force to end the attack. Civil immunity attaches, so the perp or their survivors cannot sue.

#109 blerk

blerk

Banned User

• 735 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 14:04

So will you, me, and everyone else, as House would say "Everybody Dies". These days it's not unknown for HIV / AIDS patients to live well into their 60s.

There have recently been examples of patients apparently cured of an HIV infection (well - virus-free at least).

So it's entirely possible that HIV is a curable disease, though the current "treatment protocol" is so dangerous that there's a very good chance you'll die from the treatment; however the treatment isn't even for HIV - the cure is just a side benefit of a dangerous cancer treatment. 

#110 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

• 6,062 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 14:05

There have recently been examples of patients apparently cured of an HIV infection (well - virus-free at least).

So it's entirely possible that HIV is a curable disease, though the current "treatment protocol" is so dangerous that there's a very good chance you'll die from the treatment; however the treatment isn't even for HIV - the cure is just a side benefit of a dangerous cancer treatment. 

If you're talking about Chemotherapy, yeah I realise it's dangerous, but it's still not as much of a death sentence as it used to be, eventually I believe we will find a way of curing it properly

#111 blerk

blerk

Banned User

• 735 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 14:17

If you're talking about Chemotherapy, yeah I realise it's dangerous, but it's still not as much of a death sentence as it used to be, eventually I believe we will find a way of curing it properly

Not chemotherapy - bone marrow transplants. They are still very dangerous.

Interesting quote from the NYTimes on the procedure:

The technique used on them involves severely weakening the immune system before a marrow transplant. It is so dangerous that it is unethical to perform it on anyone not already at risk of dying from cancer, especially because most people with H.I.V. can live relatively normal lives by taking a daily antiretroviral cocktail.

#112 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

• 6,062 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 14:24

Ah right, I didn't even realise marrow transplants were used in that way, pretty interesting.

#113 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 15:45

It's really hard to feel sorry for him. He got what he deserved,

#114 compl3x

compl3x

Space coyote

• 8,807 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:08

Here (and numerous other places) take rape very seriously. If causes serious injuries etc. Thd perp can get life in prison. Ditto for a kid under 13. If you come across a rape in progress, or are the victim, you can use lethal force to end the attack. Civil immunity attaches, so the perp or their survivors cannot sue.

Rape is taken seriously, sort of, but getting a conviction is difficult. Few women come forward to report, defence lawyers try to paint the victims as sluts (what were you wearing, how many partners have you previously had, etc.) We've had a few very violent, dangerous characters released here in Victoria recently who, while on parole, committed rape and/or murder while they were out.

It's hard to take the Justice system/parole system seriously where I am. It has allowed so many violent offenders out only to go and re-offend again.

Once he gets over the initial shock, not really. Getting HIV isn't great but medical advances mean it's not the death sentence it used to be.

While advances have been made, HIV is still serious. I think the media has a lot to answer for when it comes to making society complacent about HIV/AIDS again.

#115 Jollibee

Jollibee

Neowinian Fastfood

• 51 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920, Nokia X2-01

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:08

Good for him. I hope every single f***ing rapist here in my country gets AIDS too.

Rapists are pretty rampant here in the Philippines these days.

#116 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• 9,066 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:16

Hopefully the justice system can rehabilitate his mental condition.  HIV will be a reminder of what he did for the rest of his life.

#117 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,342 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:18

Rape is taken seriously, sort of, but getting a conviction is difficult. Few women come forward to report, defence lawyers try to paint the victims as sluts (what were you wearing, how many partners have you previously had, etc.) We've had a few very violent, dangerous characters released here in Victoria recently who, while on parole, committed rape and/or murder while they were out.

It's hard to take the Justice system/parole system seriously where I am. It has allowed so many violent offenders out only to go and re-offend again.

While advances have been made, HIV is still serious. I think the media has a lot to answer for when it comes to making society complacent about HIV/AIDS again.

It's hard to take the Justice system/parole system seriously when a woman just has to cry rape and the man is guilty until proven innocent.

#118 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:22

It's hard to take the Justice system/parole system seriously when a woman just has to cry rape and the man is guilty until proven innocent.

That does seem to happen at times but I think it's a wee bit better than it use to be.

#119 chrisj1968

chrisj1968

copyrighted!! ©

• 4,336 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:29

hahaha.. serves him right

#120 vcfan

vcfan

Doing the Humpty Dance

• 5,260 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:37

620-RICHARD-THOMAS-2247329.jpg