• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vetJohn Callaham

John Callaham

Neowinian

Posted 03 September 2013 - 17:16

Xbox One's free FIFA 14 game in Europe just for Day One editions
by John Callaham

When Microsoft announced that it had made a deal with Electronic Arts to add a free digital copy of FIFA 14 with Xbox One pre-orders in Europe, the assumption was that the deal would cover all pre-orders for Microsoft's next-gen console. As it turns out, that is not the case.

Microsoft' Xbox European community manager Graeme Boyd posted word on his Twitter account a few hours ago that confirms only Xbox One Day One bundles will be able to get the free FIFA 14 game download.

The news means that the folks in Europe who want to get that free FIFA 14 game with their $499 Xbox One console had better hustle to order that Day One edition. There are already reports via Eurogamer that the available stock for the Day One edition are extremely scarce and will likely sell out well before the Xbox One's launch date.

Microsoft has yet to state if US buyers of the Xbox One will also get a free game with the Day One edition.

Source: Graeme Boyd on Twitter

#2 Jason Stillion

Jason Stillion

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 03 September 2013 - 17:25

I can see Microsoft bundling a free game to help sway people that have trouble getting over the $100 price difference between the XboxOne and PS4.

Not sure why they wanted it limited to the Day One edition, which might already be sold out.

#3 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 03 September 2013 - 17:34

I'd like Forza with my Day 1 edition here in the states.