8.1 Start screen sync bork

Scenario: Desktop and laptop with 8.1, both signed into same outlook.com profile with everything including start screen set to sync. Also enrolled in same domain,

Result: Start screen apps not synced in position, or settings. 

Desired result: Sync!

Any ideas?

you expect a build that was leaked to sync? when the server isnt expecting 8.1 to be released yet

plus it might not be good idea to be using your account with a leaked product.

Does anything sync at all?

I found it a bit useless in the preview as only your Modern apps would sync. The normal Windows apps shortcuts didn't so the Modern apps were all out of place when synced to another PC.

you expect a build that was leaked to sync? when the server isnt expecting 8.1 to be released yet

plus it might be good idea to be using your account with a leaked product.

Personally, if something doesn't work on a leaked release I just say to myself, "what should I have expected?" and I will probably let it go. That said, there's no harm in asking for help, especially if someone has been able to get the synchronisation working.

Also, I think you meant to write that it would be a good idea to not be using his account with a leaked product, but if you meant what you said then I would be interested in hearing your reasoning. :)

So the question is, is it generally known that synchronisation isn't possible yet, or are there some people that have found a way to do it?

Personally, if something doesn't work on a leaked release I just say to myself, "what should I have expected?" and I will probably let it go. That said, there's no harm in asking for help, especially if someone has been able to get the synchronisation working.

Also, I think you meant to write that it would be a good idea to not be using his account with a leaked product, but if you meant what you said then I would be interested in hearing your reasoning. :)

So the question is, is it generally known that synchronisation isn't possible yet, or are there some people that have found a way to do it?

fixed.... after 3 tries...lol

Start screen sync works on my desktop/Surface Pro on 8.1. Didn't have to do anything except turn the options on under PC settings.