Xbox One now in full production with improved CPU performance

Next thing you know, the Xbox One will play Super Nintendo games.

It very likely will, if the MS allows emulators on the Xbox One apps environment like they do on Windows 8. Snes8x is very popular.

Oh, right. They planned years in advance to increase the clock speeds of everything at the last minute like they have.

microsoft fans.. :rolleyes:

That's right. They planned years in advance to tweak and test the console. These things don't happen at the last second as you said.

For all we know Sony is doing similar tweaks to PS4.

Directly from Microsoft -

C'mon seriously? That was not a shot - only you guys would think that. I was in a meeting on my phone, shot out a quick tweet. Srsly.

Sony haven't announced the CPU speed, as people have noted. Plus - when I take a pot-shot at the competition I'm gonna be way more obvious than that. I'm not a fan of the passive-aggressive.

As I'm sure you've figured out - you don't announce something like this at the same time you're working on it. Obviously this has been in the works, but now that we're in full production we felt OK about announcing it.

Devs should start seeing this soon - so any performance gains were happening on the 1.6 boxes. (everything at PAX was on the 1.6). This is a boost to developers on top of the optimizations going on.

Lastly - can I PLEASE finally get you over this "we're having production issues" thing that's going around? We increased the GPU 6%. We increased the CPU almost 10%. We have been showing retail boxes. We are now in full production.

If at this point these facts don't outweigh random rumors...

That's right. They planned years in advance to tweak and test the console. These things don't happen at the last second as you said.

For all we know Sony is doing similar tweaks to PS4.

Directly from Microsoft -

I guess some people don't understand how testing goes...

Like having multiple test units running at multiple clock speeds (something MS talked about 2months ago or so.)