Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Microsoft eyeing potential Blackberry purchase?

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Can't see it happening tbh.

Posted

Unless Microsoft has this amazing plan to fix Blackberry,  they should avoid Blackberry at all costs. 

Posted

Not likely.  Today it was announced Microsoft purchased Nokia.

Posted

Would definitely be a huge move in the mobile industry.

Posted

On second thought, a Windows phone 8 on a Blackberry would be nice!

post-455563-0-96923600-1378253234.jpg

Posted

On second thought, a Windows phone 8 on a Blackberry would be nice!

attachicon.gifmicroberrr.jpg

With a possible total of twelve applications on the screen?

Posted

With a possible total of twelve applications on the screen?

Here's one with a bigger screen

post-455563-0-11436500-1378254330.jpg

Posted

Then they could potentially own two mobile phone companies that consumers are no longer interested in.

4 people like this

Posted

the main point for them to buy blackberry would be for the patents and possibly any enterprise hold blackberry still has if any...they wouldn't still sell the blackberry hardware to consumers.

2 people like this

Posted

Then they could potentially own two mobile phone companies that consumers are no longer interested in.

I'm interested in Nokia even with Microsoft acquiring it. You don't speak for the whole, sir. ;)

2 people like this

Posted

attachicon.gifmicroberry 2.jpg

post-56913-0-07261600-1378258978.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

I know Blackberry wants to get purchased but it seems like no one wants them.

Posted

attachicon.gifmicroberry 2.jpg

At least use the Z10 with no hardware kb if you're going to mock it up. That being said, I like BB10 OS way better than WP.

Posted

Why would Microsoft want to buy a dead duck like Blackberry?  Everyone can see they're collapsing...

Posted

the main point for them to buy blackberry would be for the patents and possibly any enterprise hold blackberry still has if any...they wouldn't still sell the blackberry hardware to consumers.

Exactly, RIM has lots of mobile patents anyone would like to have.

Posted

Why would Microsoft want to buy a dead duck like Blackberry?  Everyone can see they're collapsing...

For their IP only, it's why Google overpaid for Motorola Mobility though the patents they got haven't quite turned out the way they expected I'm sure. 

And no, it's not to make Moto X or w/e, that ships sailed, Motorola is done in the phone business.

Posted

And no, it's not to make Moto X or w/e, that ships sailed, Motorola is done in the phone business.

How?  Didnt they release like 3 or 4 new devices?

Posted

How?  Didnt they release like 3 or 4 new devices?

Sure, but does anyone notice?  The past success they had with the Droid has come and gone, it's all Samsung now with the others fighting for what's left.   Where does Motorola even land in the Android OEM sales list?  4th? 5th?  Everyone's way behind Samsung and I think the #2 Android vendor is LG with something like 15million last quarter?   Motorola is only holding on in the US though that market is tanking, they're behind even HTC in the US now and we all know how bad HTC is.  

Honestly, if Motorola mobility totally tanks Google can just ditch it finally, hold on to the patents, though they're looking pretty weak, and keep feeding off of Samsung and a few others.

Posted

Sure, but does anyone notice?  The past success they had with the Droid has come and gone, it's all Samsung now with the others fighting for what's left.   Where does Motorola even land in the Android OEM sales list?  4th? 5th?  Everyone's way behind Samsung and I think the #2 Android vendor is LG with something like 15million last quarter?   Motorola is only holding on in the US though that market is tanking, they're behind even HTC in the US now and we all know how bad HTC is.  

Honestly, if Motorola mobility totally tanks Google can just ditch it finally, hold on to the patents, though they're looking pretty weak, and keep feeding off of Samsung and a few others.

I see what you are saying, but this isnt the same Motorola.  The new phones are stock, or close to stock, so I am betting they will get updated and supported better than any other device.  Which is something that will appeal to a lot of people.  Number one gripe I hear from people for and against Android is support and fragmentation.  This could go a long way to improve things.

Posted

I see what you are saying, but this isnt the same Motorola.  The new phones are stock, or close to stock, so I am betting they will get updated and supported better than any other device.  Which is something that will appeal to a lot of people.  Number one gripe I hear from people for and against Android is support and fragmentation.  This could go a long way to improve things.

We'll see how it goes, either way I think there's too many OEMs on the Android side fighting for scraps and I don't see them holding on.  Well, the pure phone only OEMs like HTC could get grabbed up by someone else, others like LG and Sony have other business to help fallback on so they could last longer.   In the end I see the number of players in the market shrink overall, less OEMs/Venders but with a better spread.   Only time will tell though, but 5 years from now we could be looking at a totally different mobile market with just 5 brand names and not 10 or w/e it is now.

Posted

Not overly likely in my opinion

Posted

With them purchasing Nokia I do not see them purchasing blackberry too unless the deal is really too good to pass up.