Photo
win8

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 manosdoc

manosdoc

Neowinian

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:22

Just arrived on my laptop. Working great through HDMI. Hybrid switching works.

Attached Images

• amd.PNG

#2 NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo

Neowinian

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:35

So it was an automatic install? I know the hybrid graphics driver situation on my Acer 7750g has been an absolute nightmare with 0 support from AMD, and Acer drivers that haven'e been updated in over a year.

#3 OP manosdoc

manosdoc

Neowinian

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:47

Yes, automatic from Windows Update.

#4 Javik

Javik

#GamerGate

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 04 September 2013 - 13:04

Display drivers provided through Windows Update don't normally have any OpenGL components so any applications that you use that rely on OpenGL support probably will not work

#5 OP manosdoc

manosdoc

Neowinian

Posted 04 September 2013 - 13:09

I know, but so far I could use only Intel integrated graphics because this stupid AMD Windows 8.1 Preview driver broke compatibility with hybrid graphics.

Now I'm back to WDDM 1.2 using fully Mobility 5000 1GB and my HDMI port.

#6 MrWhistler

MrWhistler

Neowinian

Posted 04 September 2013 - 13:15

yes these drivers are the king, awesome in games

#7 MrWhistler

MrWhistler

Neowinian

Posted 04 September 2013 - 13:16

and not preview, these are actually whql certified

#8 NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo

Neowinian

Posted 04 September 2013 - 16:25

Nice. Looking forward to moving beyond 9.1.1.0 drivers from September 2012. Hopefully my notebook made the cut. What model laptop do you have?

#9 OP manosdoc

manosdoc

Neowinian

Posted 04 September 2013 - 17:45

It is the dv7-4050ev Pavilion with additional HD,SSD,RAM.

Core i3 M350, Intel HD/Mobility 5650 1GB, 8GB DDR3, Kingston SSD, 1TB HD

#10 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

.NET Developer

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 04 September 2013 - 17:52

Is this just AMD hybrid solutions, or Enduro, with AMD and Intel? 

If Enduro, are you sure the Intel driver also updated, and do your brightness controls work?

#11 FunkyMike

FunkyMike

Neowinian OldSkooler

Posted 04 September 2013 - 18:00

This is very interesting! These drivers seem to be in between 13.6.2 and 13.8.x.

Manosdoc .. can I ask a favour of you please!

Some people are trying to get brightness to work for their Enduro setups. The brightness gets controlled by a specific registry string. If you could post what you have it could benefit the 5xxxm series community!

You can find this string by searching for:

FeatureTestControl in the registry. It should come up 2 - 4 times on windows 8.1.

Would be hugely appreciated if you post this!!

#12 OP manosdoc

manosdoc

Neowinian

Posted 04 September 2013 - 18:43

It's not an Enduro. It is first generation AMD/Intel switchable graphics. It switches automatically but not seamless as Nvidia's Optimus (or perhaps Enduro). It switches only during battery/AC power schemes or manually but you still get a flicker black screen for a second. The Brightness works directly from specific buttons on the laptop, out of the box using Windows 8.1 RTM.

I'll try to upload the string.

#13 FunkyMike

FunkyMike

Neowinian OldSkooler

Posted 04 September 2013 - 18:49

It's not an Enduro. It is first generation AMD/Intel switchable graphics. It switches automatically but not seamless as Nvidia's Optimus (or perhaps Enduro). It switches only during battery/AC power schemes or manually but you still get a flicker black screen for a second. The Brightness works directly from specific buttons on the laptop, out of the box using Windows 8.1 RTM.

I'll try to upload the string.

Ya Manosdoc.. the terminology escapes me. They keep on rebranding it depending on dynamic vs fixed switching / and on terms how the LVDS is wired internally.

Either way I am really interested in your values .. and if they work I might want to find out the proper name for the driver that windows downloads. I want to see if anything can be taken from it and put into the Leshcat catalyst drivers for better 5xxx support.

#14 OP manosdoc

manosdoc

Neowinian

Posted 04 September 2013 - 19:12

Here is the string but I captured it using Intel HD at the moment as I'm on battery. I don't know if it is different on AMD.

Attached Images

• reg1.PNG

#15 FunkyMike

FunkyMike

Neowinian OldSkooler

Posted 04 September 2013 - 19:19

Here is the string but I captured it using Intel HD at the moment as I'm on battery. I don't know if it is different on AMD.

Brilliant thank you! If I could ask just one more thing from you if you don't mind.

Could you please upload the OEM1.inf file. It is found in your Windows Repository / Driver Store. You can probably just find it simply by running a search + in system files.

This is where windows keeps the installed drivers. the OEM1.inf is the file used during driver installation that indicates all parameters used for this card ... like the ones you posted in your pic.

Hope I am not being too much of a burden!