20 posts in this topic

Posted

CIUDAD JUAREZ, Mexico

Posted

Sometimes people feel the only recourse is to take the law into your own hands and handle things yourself.

Posted

That's what Charlie Bronson always told me :p

Posted

Mexico scares me. I wouldn't go to Mexico without being heavily armed and wearing body armor lol. Between the murderous drug cartels and now this woman offing bus drivers this can't be helping the tourism industry. "Come for the food leave with bullet hole".

Posted

Sometimes people feel the only recourse is to take the law into your own hands and handle things yourself.

In some places that's all you have, though, when the government/police doesn't take you seriously or have time for things like this. I know it's an even bigger problem in places like South Africa--it's practically considered normal and nobody does anything to stop it. :(

1 person likes this

Posted

Mexico scares me. I wouldn't go to Mexico without being heavily armed and wearing body armor lol. Between the murderous drug cartels and now this woman offing bus drivers this can't be helping the tourism industry. "Come for the food leave with bullet hole".

The water alone is a killer. 

2 people like this

Posted

I'm sure there are lovely places in Mexico as it is one of the most visited places for tourism. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm sure there are lovely places in Mexico as it is one of the most visited places for tourism. 

Yeah but still even then id be scared. I'd have to take a plane. going there by car is asking for it because you'd have to go through the border towns which are the main places for the drug cartels. I don't know how it is in the center of the country though. 

Posted

There were. Mexico fought hard to keep the Cartel violence out of places like Cancun and Cabo San Lucas but they're fighting a losing battle.

1 person likes this

Posted

That's sad. So what do they do when the cartels take over the entire country? Just give up?

Posted

That's sad. So what do they do when the cartels take over the entire country? Just give up?

The US is going to take it over as a protectorate eventually.

Posted

I think only 2 or 3 cities/states are like this.

The rest of the country is relatively safe.

I could be wrong tho.

Posted

The US is going to take it over as a protectorate eventually.

And start a massive guerilla war just south of them? Yeah right.

Posted

I could be wrong tho.

You are.

And start a massive guerilla war just south of them? Yeah right.

Uh, no. Once the violence starts really coming across the border (and it will), then we will have no choice. But these cartels can't do ###### to an actual army.

Posted

I could be wrong tho.

No, you're not wrong. But there are people who believe the hype, and in turn hurt tourism and overall business.

Posted

None of you are Mexicans, I lived in there a while, it's a really nice place. I indeed I'm more afraid of US, where everybody can point a gun to anybody.

Posted

No, you're not wrong. But there are people who believe the hype, and in turn hurt tourism and overall business.

I was saying that most of the country is fairly safe.

It is only a few areas that turn people off to visiting Mexico.

Posted

None of you are Mexicans, I lived in there a while, it's a really nice place. I indeed I'm more afraid of US, where everybody can point a gun to anybody.

Yep because gun control is working so wonderfully in Mexico.

Posted

Yep because gun control is working so wonderfully in Mexico.

The same can be said about US. Even better, US delivers guns to Mexico! for free! :D

Posted

The same can be said about US. Even better, US delivers guns to Mexico! for free! :D

Yep, that's why im against gun control. I also find it funny that the very people that tell me that I shouldn't have a gun allow weapons to be sent to Mexico, so that right there tells me they can STFU.

1 person likes this