16 posts in this topic

Posted

A TUNBRIDGE Wells man who changed his name to Elvis Presley is furious after claiming hospital staff refused to believe what he was called.

Mr Presley, 61, of Eastlands Road, said he was rushed by ambulance to Tunbridge Wells Hospital when the right side of his body became paralysed.

But when he arrived and gave his name, he said he was livid to hear a nurse respond:

Posted

Whilst he's in the hospital, he should get them to give him a sense of humour implant.

Seriously dude, if you're going to change your name to something like that, you need a WAY thicker skin! People WILL crack jokes at you.

6 people like this

Posted

Whilst he's in the hospital, he should get them to give him a sense of humour implant.

Seriously dude, if you're going to change your name to something like that, you need a WAY thicker skin! People WILL crack jokes at you.

I hear ya. He should be use to it by now, you think.

1 person likes this

Posted

I thought the nurse was funny.  She should get a raise.

And the guy had no ID on him?  That is all he needed to show.

2 people like this

Posted

Oh, I thought the real Elvis woke up from being accidentally frozen in the suspended animation ward. :shifty:

Posted

What a moron; I like that nurse though.

Posted

Yes, but not when he's rushed to hospital and the right side of his body is paralyzed.

1 person likes this

Posted

o I'm sure he's used to it. It's just the occasion. I'm sure you will be furious when you are rushed to the hospital and a nurse joking about your name.

Posted

well, things tend to be less funny when your body is failing you for a yet unknown reason.

Posted

Yes, but not when he's rushed to hospital and the right side of his body is paralyzed.

At such a time, someone attempting to lighten the mood is even more important.

Posted

what!...he didn't have a picture ID :laugh: ...its a good thing she wasn't that evil Nurse Ratched from 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest' and stepped all over his blue suede shoes.

Posted

No offence but you get taken to Hospital under any circumstance and give what sounds like a made up or stupid name then ofc this is going to be the response, even on the stretcher in the A&E theatre if you give a name like that you can expect a smart ass answer.

Does common sense not suggest they get this from drunks/drugs/mental illness on a daily basis, thus most staff are going to be a bit quick witted in dealing with it.

No doubt tho he didnt mention how when they did check his name via ID and found out, how they probably and most likely apologized.

Lastly assuming they helped him, then really he can go stuff his name, as the fact they helped surely trumps one wise cracking nurse? (Plus as I stated above a little commmon sense...)

Posted

At such a time, someone attempting to lighten the mood is even more important.

Good for you then. 

Posted

what a numb nuts

Posted

the nurse didn't ask for his ID, like "Did you carry your ID card?"

go back to re-trainning class.

Posted

the nurse didn't ask for his ID, like "Did you carry your ID card?"

go back to re-trainning class.

It's not a legal requirement to carry ID in the UK, and asking someone for their ID isn't exactly commonplace unless you're a cop or carding someone for booze/ciggies.  SOP in hospitals is just to ask the patient for their name etc.  They get a LOT of morons, drunk and the like, that just want to ###### around, so it's really not surprising she didn't believe a name like Elvis Presley.  I wouldn't either.