In Mexico similar sounds happen when we have an earthquake.

<vid>

I'm more inclined to believe that's a total fake, especially considering the sound artifact in this video is clearly present at the 0:08 mark of the video. It's just a copy/paste of the sounds from Kiev from what I can tell.

Explanation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZEdkzMixh4

• Like 2

:facepalm:

Dude, people know their town. And constructions doesn't last a minute or so.

Similar metalic/magnetic sounds are beeing heard around the world more often now (do not all sound the same, but some do and some don't). Please do a little bit of research. It's all over the place, I even had a personal experience when I was in Northern Canada a while ago.

I didn't say it was the noise of construction work taking place, I said it might have been a heavy industry machine moving onto a construction site, huge vehicles like those can make some ungodly noises, are you also implying that Construction sites or metal structures are not found around the World? Because those are 2 possible things I suggested. I've heard a Tin Barn make a pretty similar noise in ludicrously high winds when I was in the Falkland Islands.

^ Why would people confuse this sound with a train noise which they have heard hundreds of times ... ?

Actually they suggested maintenance trains, not regular trains, maintenance trains make all kinds of crazy noises when working on the lines. 

Exactly as the above said, the sounds of heavy industry machines. When i lived in London i heard noises like this every day. In fact, a local train line used to carry the heavy nuclear freight trains and they sounded precisely like that and were so so loud.

I can see why people who have never heard it before or people that live in particularly quiet neighborhoods would find this pretty damn scary sounding though!