Woman's Time-Lapse Weight Loss Video Goes Viral

A 26-year-old woman's 88-pound weight loss has gone viral after a Reddit user created a time-lapse GIF that shows the woman's body transformation in just five seconds.

Amanda, who asked that her last name not be used, began taking photos of herself in 2011 as a way to stay on track when she committed to losing weight.

"I knew that I had to start somewhere," Amanda told ABC News. "I figured if I did it [took pictures] at least once a month, at the end of however long it took, I would have this really cool end product."

Amanda started weighing 222 pounds. By eating a high-protein diet, controlling her portions and doing moderate exercise, Amanda lost the 88 pounds in one year and has kept it off.

"I don't think I was actually prepared for the amount of emotional investment," Amanda said. "People bare their souls when they want to take back their health."

Her gallery of weight-loss photos garnered nearly three million views online and inspired a fellow Reddit user to create the GIF that has everyone buzzing.

more

post-37120-0-28673000-1378392843.gif

Maybe they'll have pills in the near future that will make it that easy.

I'm of the opposite mind. I'm waiting for the food cubes from The Fifth Element or the mini-dehydrated pizzas from Back to the Future 2.  :D