Posted 05 September 2013 - 17:29

Company mascot?

tumblr_lymtahFLW31ro5tg1o1_400.jpg

#17 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Neowinian Senior

• 1,966 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 17:30

What he meant was that they could safely have thrown them out if they didn't give a reason.

Of course this only works until someone notices the pattern.

Well yeah.

However, they did give the reason, which does make it a potential legal matter.

Not that I think it will ever come to that.

#18 alwaysonacoffebreak

alwaysonacoffebreak

Neowinian Senior

• 2,537 posts
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL

Posted 05 September 2013 - 17:31

That isn't really true.

There are several laws that prevent them throwing you out on grounds of discrimination or disability.

Private stores do not give them the right to break laws.

DISABILITY? Since when is being a lazy **** a disability?

#19 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Neowinian Senior

• 1,966 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 17:34

DISABILITY? Since when is being a lazy **** a disability?

I never said she had a disability.  How did you skip half of what I said?

That said, do you know this girl?  Do you know her medical history to know if that is the case or not?

#20 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 61,813 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 17:37

^ I've seen her frequently at Pizza Hut and McDonald's. :shifty:

#21 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Neowinian Senior

• 1,966 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 17:38

Frequently?

What does that say of you?

;)

#22 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 17:41

You ain't that guy that everyone complains about being there all the time stalking people, are you? :p

#23 alwaysonacoffebreak

alwaysonacoffebreak

Neowinian Senior

• 2,537 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 17:57

I never said she had a disability.  How did you skip half of what I said?

That said, do you know this girl?  Do you know her medical history to know if that is the case or not?

So she has no legs or arms so she could move around a bit? Jog from once in a while? Do you even know how rare it is that people actually have some medical condition that stops them from losing weight compared to people who are just lazy and keep crying over people mentioning their weight even a little bit?

I know a lot of fat people, hell both my parents are fat, but none of them cry over it, they know it, everyone else know it and as long as they are happy about it they dont care what others think.

Or maybe its because it runs in her family? More like no one runs in her family.

Yeah, go ahead and think Im an insensitive ******, I couldnt care less.

For christ sake, even people with real disabilities cry less than fat people who demand more Macdonalds on welfare checks.

#24 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Neowinian Senior

• 1,966 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 17:59

So she has no legs or arms so she could move around a bit? Jog from once in a while? Do you even know how rare it is that people actually have some medical condition that stops them from losing weight compared to people who are just lazy and keep crying over people mentioning their weight even a little bit?

I know a lot of fat people, hell both my parents are fat, but none of them cry over it, they know it, everyone else know it and as long as they are happy about it they dont care what others think.

Or maybe its because it runs in her family? More like no one runs in her family.

Yeah, go ahead and think Im an insensitive ******, I couldnt care less.

I don't think you are an insensitive <<whatever was starred>> (elitist maybe), but I do think you still have reading issues.  If you look back at the post you quoted, you will find that it wasn't about disability, but instead laws.  Not only that, there are civil rights laws and disability laws, both of which I mentioned.  I guess it is easier to just go off on a tangent though.

Who cares enough about other people's wait to rant about it?  Or worse, to throw them out of a store for it?  Does their money somehow weigh too much for the cash register?

#25 PhilTheThrill

PhilTheThrill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,862 posts
  • Phone: WP8

Posted 05 September 2013 - 18:05

Hold the employee accountable? Sorry. This is the age of "social media."

The appropriate response is to call for a nationwide boycott of rue21 and demand the CEO be fired. I expect a change.org petition and a #boycott21 Twitter hashtag by this evening.

I'm expecting the "emotional distress" lawsuit for about...$4million say...to also arrive shortly.

#26 alwaysonacoffebreak

alwaysonacoffebreak

Neowinian Senior

• 2,537 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 18:04

I don't think you are an insensitive <<whatever was starred>> (elitist maybe), but I do think you still have reading issues.  If you look back at the post you quoted, you will find that it wasn't about disability, but instead laws.  Not only that, there are civil rights laws and disability laws, both of which I mentioned.  I guess it is easier to just go off on a tangent though.

Who cares enough about other people's wait to rant about it?  Or worse, to throw them out of a store for it?  Does their money somehow weigh too much for the cash register?

Thats exactly the thing, it seems the store didnt want their "profit" margin from her just because she is fat, so just laugh it out and move to a next store whos more than willing to take your money, Wouldnt that be easier?

#27 Som

Som

Neowinian

• 756 posts

was gonna say she's not that fat, but then I read she was only 14 and jasus she's fat.... still it's highly unlikely the person behind the counter said that unless they where having a really ###### day and wanted to get fired

#28 adrynalyne

adrynalyne

Neowinian Senior

• 1,966 posts

Thats exactly the thing, it seems the store didnt want their "profit" margin from her just because she is fat, so just laugh it out and move to a next store whos more than willing to take your money, Wouldnt that be easier?

Easier, probably.  However, since when is this kind of behavior to be condoned and accepted?

#29 alwaysonacoffebreak

alwaysonacoffebreak

Neowinian Senior

• 2,537 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 18:08

Easier, probably.  However, since when is this kind of behavior to be condoned and accepted?

Its the morals of the employee, nothing more. I mean sure it was not a nice thing she did but like I said there are tons of stores out there who are more than willing to take anybodys money, no matter how much you weigh,.

So took a look at that "rue21", if that dump really thinks they are in any position to be picky about customers then it really is laughable.

#30 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,226 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 05 September 2013 - 18:26

was gonna say she's not that fat, but then I read she was only 14 and jasus she's fat.... still it's highly unlikely the person behind the counter said that unless they where having a really ****ty day and wanted to get fired

How does her age affect her height to weight ratio ?

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!