32 posts in this topic

Posted

Erin Milligan has to surrender her cell phone to school officials before going back to college this year.

Milligan isn

Posted

I assume they have at least telephones in the rooms and such where they can be reached in case of emergencies...

1 person likes this

Posted

I assume they have at least telephones in the rooms and such where they can be reached in case of emergencies...

Always thinking about how to take care of people.. :) We shall call her, Mother Charisma 

2 people like this

Posted

It

2 people like this

Posted

At least a couple times a year, I will go hiking/camping for a couple weeks and leave all tech behind, or turned off and only turned on for an emergency.  I like to unplug once in a while and actually see the world around me.

I definitely believe in putting away the phones often and actually learning to communicate with people. We have a whole generation growing up who don't learn the art of being comfortable talking to people face-to-face, recognising facial cues and body language, and realising there are consequences to certain behaviours and things that are said. Being forced to acknowledge that people (even someone you only know via text) is a real, flesh-and-blood human is a very good thing.

Posted

Posted

I definitely believe in putting away the phones often and actually learning to communicate with people. We have a whole generation growing up who don't learn the art of being comfortable talking to people face-to-face, recognising facial cues and body language, and realising there are consequences to certain behaviours and things that are said. Being forced to acknowledge that people (even someone you only know via text) is a real, flesh-and-blood human is a very good thing.

(Y)

Posted

That's the biggest line of BS that I've ever heard in my life. 

I am not sure about finding your real self...but it is a release, and a stress reliever, not having to be tied to a piece of equipment.

Posted

what if your "true and real self" is a technologist?....

4 people like this

Posted

I'm assuming they have pay phones that are now making them lots of money.

Posted

Wait... are you telling me you're a real person?! JUST LIKE ME?? :O Wait till I tell my friends on Facebook about this!

2 people like this

Posted

How will they arrange dirty nasty sex ?

No texting !

My god -- they'll have to actually talk to another human being.

Posted

That's the biggest line of BS that I've ever heard in my life. 

why? :huh:

Anyway, I recommend all of the present to read Walden, by Henry David Thouraeu.

Posted

why? :huh:

It sounds like something out of their college brochure. Technology is just a tool, and you don't need to drop a hammer to find yourself. You just have to use it properly, for what it was intended for. People who are addicted to their cell phones are addicts just like any other addict. Put the blame were it belongs. 

I guess it might be a because I'm a wee bit older, but I am not tied to my phone, or to any piece of tech. In fact, I turn my phone off at night same as my computer. I walk in the park every day, sometimes with my phone listening to music, but many times not. Sometimes I walk with other people and talk with them. But I do keep my phone close by in case I do need to use it for what it was intended for.

Posted

I guess it might be a because I'm a wee bit older, but I am not tied to my phone

This is the key. We're part of the last generation not raised by hyper communication. For us is easier.

Posted

why would they need telephones for that, they just pray to the guy in the sky that everything will be would itself out

Posted

I guess it might be a because I'm a wee bit older, but I am not tied to my phone, or to any piece of tech. In fact, I turn my phone off at night same as my computer. I walk in the park every day, sometimes with my phone listening to music, but many times not. Sometimes I walk with other people and talk with them. But I do keep my phone close by in case I do need to use it for what it was intended for.

Oh really ... :shifty:

All my important friends and family have my personal cellphone number. They can get me any time day or night if they need me.

1 person likes this

Posted

what if your "true and real self" is a technologist?....

Then you will figure that out when its taken away from you. Most people assume they are something for no other reason than because they never knew anything else. This would force the issue.

Posted

I don't care about cellphones..  I am not addicted to the phones...  I can live without it if I want to cut off the phone. 

Posted

^ I feel that way many times.  My cell phone is often more of an annoyance than a help.

Posted

why would they need telephones for that, they just pray to the guy in the sky that everything will be would itself out

One of the dumber things I have read all day. Are you implying that having a cellphone is the only logical option? If so, you are more closed minded than the people you seem to be trying to make fun of.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hum, on 05 Sept 2013 - 08:56, said:

Erin Milligan has to surrender her cell phone to school officials before going back to college this year.

Milligan isn

Posted

Oh really ... :shifty:

They know to call my wife at night. Or our house phone. Or my phone if I forget to cut it off, like I do sometimes. It sucks getting old. :D

Posted

They know to call my wife at night. Or our house phone. Or my phone if I forget to cut it off, like I do sometimes. It sucks getting old. :D

Sure sure... lol

Posted

Truth will set u free