Steak, Pasta... How Do You Eat Yours?

Food Preferences  

70 members have voted

1. 1. PASTA - How Do You Like it Cooked?

• Raw!
    • Al Dente
    • Cooked all floppy
  2. 2. STEAK - How Do You Like it Cooked?

• Blue
    • Rare
    • Medium-Rare
    • Medium
    • Well Done

Then why even have the steak at all?  Might as well throw A1 on fries or crackers and eat away.

Honestly though, I was at a fine Kansas City steak house..  Jokingly said, could you get me some A1.  I swear the restaurant went silent.  For a walmart steak, sure. 

I enjoy the texture of well-cooked meat rather than the flavor, putting A1 on something other than meat means I wouldn't be eating meat.

That being said, I rarely go out to eat, and even more rare, to a steak house. Most of the steak I do eat comes from wal mart or sams club. I'm more of a burger person myself honestly, when I go out to eat I'll order a burger before I order a steak, but that's just me.

I grew up eating steak well done, if it is slow cooked medium rare is fine but it's all about texture..

I don't want to bite into a piece of meat and have it be the texture of jelly, or taste TOO much like blood.

Pink is fine as long as it is cooked pink, not raw pink :p  These days I order medium-well so they don't get ###### off and turn my meat into stone.

Pasta is either crunchy, good, or sloppy.  I like it good.

pasta -al dente

steak-rare and if i order it out in a restaurant i'll tell the waiter beforehand if it's not temped properly it's going back...it always comes out perfect :)

Steak should still be capable of feeling pain when you bite into it. If it's more than cool in the center, it's utterly ruined.

Pasta depends on the dish, sauce, and serving temperature.

Medium-rare steak is so juicy, so tender, so delicious and . . . Ahem, I'm sorry, where were we? Right. Al dente pasta is the best form of pasta, in my humble opinion. Raw pasta defeats the purpose, and floppy turns it into, well, soup.

Pasta: As soft as I can cook it. Steak: Brown all the way through but still juicy so medium

That's well done. If it's cooked long that it's not juicy at all, that's just called over cooked. :laugh: Even medium-well should have a hint of pink left.

A lot of people confuse well done and over cooked, and while I do think that well done IS over cooked to me, you can still cook a steak well done and not have it turn out like a shoe. It's just that most people that like well done do cook theirs like a shoe. Example, my mom. She also likes her eggs cooked well enough to bounce off the floor if you drop them, hahah.

Not much of meat eater as I can't stand the work out from chewing so much! Don't think I've ever had a steak that wasn't chewy as heck! Even the most tender steak is to chewy for me, but when I do have one, it's usually medium to medium well and I don't have a clue as to what al denta means even, so I voted cooked all floppy there.

Also,

A MUST HAVE for A1 or some type steak sauce. Most of any meat I eat needs that extra little wang on it!

Not much of meat eater as I can't stand the work out from chewing so much! Don't think I've ever had a steak that wasn't chewy as heck! Even the most tender steak is to chewy for me, but when I do have one, it's usually medium to medium well and I don't have a clue as to what al denta means even, so I voted cooked all floppy there.

Also,

A MUST HAVE for A1 or some type steak sauce. Most of any meat I eat needs that extra little wang on it!

You're not eating good meat or it's not prepared right if you need to ruin it with any steak sauce