'Stargate' coming back to life with film trilogy reboot

the first season was awful but then the second season was excellent and then they cancelled it, go figure

don't like how Emmerich doesn't consider SG-1 cannon, the movie was only alright and all of us SG-1 fans may not like the way he goes with the new film

Yeah...not sure how I feel about that.

SG-1 was incredible.

Wow. To each their own indeed! :s

I don't think I've heard that from anyone before. Generally people were big fans of the reboot, myself included. I was never sure about the premise for Blood and Chrome, and after watching some of Caprica I didn't have high hopes for B&C. But like you said, to each their own.

I absolutely loved BSG and thought it was one of the best shows ever made but the ending was awful and ruined the whole thing for me.  If it wasn't for the ending it would be the kind of show that I would love to watch again and again. 

could be good news.

I loved the original SG movie.

I loved SG-1 seasons 1-8, not so much once they farscaped it up.

I loved SGA up till when they started getting rid of the best characters.

I tried to like SGU but it was just so boring, turning SG into a soap was a dumb move and ruined the series. The SG1 actors who guested should be ashamed.

Completely disagree with Battlestar being a great reboot. Ron Moores version of the show was far more flawed then the original and way more fly by the seat of his pants planning. Season three was total garbage and I still think it had some of the all time worst Scifi tv shows ever.

To each their own though, if you liked it thats cool. I found the whole series a major disappointment though blood and chrome would have been excellent as a series.

Wasn't the issue of BSG's Season 3 writing was because of the strikes in hollywood ######ing everything up?

The original was good, the rest were horrible. I really don't know if I could stand a reboot without at least the original actor that played Daniel and the other main characters.

How can you go and say you're gonna do a stargate reboot but reference nothing from the original movie or any of the TV series.

looks to me emmerich just wants to cash in on the very usable stargate IP.

How can you go and say you're gonna do a stargate reboot but reference nothing from the original movie or any of the TV series.

looks to me emmerich just wants to cash in on the very usable stargate IP.

Because originally he wanted a trilogy, the sequel was planned but was cancelled and replaced with a TV series he had no control over, and the writers/directors of the series clearly went into a different direction to what he wanted to make in the trilogy.  Also Dean Devlin (co-writer) has been fighting to make a sequel to the original movie for years but because nearly 20 years has passed since the original movie was released, it would make sense for him to reboot the franchise since all the original characters are too old play their original parts.

So I wouldn't say they are doing it to make money (I'm talking about Emmerich and Devlin) but because now the TV series is over and the IP is now usable that they can finish what they started.

Director Roland Emmerich has revealed that he is prepping a trilogy of new Stargate films meant to reboot the franchise. Originally Emmerich had envisioned Stargate as the first part of a trilogy ? but MGM opted to make Stargate SG-1 instead, which ran for a decade and led to the two additional TV spinoffs.

Now that the franchise has been dormant a few years, Emmerich decided it was time to come back and give it another shot. Though the rebooted trilogy could borrow from some of his original plans, Emmerich was quick to point out that the new films will not be connected to the original Stargate film, noting ?the actors look totally different ... it would not work.?

The films will almost certainly not connect to the SG-1 universe, either, since Emmerich has never really been a huge fan of the small-screen version of the franchise. To this day, he maintains it is not a ?canon? continuation from his film.

Here?s what he told Digital Spy:

?We went to MGM, who has the rights, and proposed to them to do a sequel, but as a reboot... and reboot it as a movie and then do three parts. Pretty soon we'll have to look for a writer and start.?

http://www.blastr.com/2013-9-5/finally-stargate-coming-back-live-rebooted-film-trilogy-0

It's a pity they do not do what all the millions of fans want and or expect,, who pays their way ?

As a Stargate fan, I am looking forward to see what they come up with. Still, I'd love to see a continuation of the series SG-1 and Atlantis and even SG-U.

So with this reboot, will there be Goa'uld or will it be completely different? I am happy as long as they keep the Stargate feeling (please). I don't want an action-packed non Sci-Fi movie. I want Stargate.

its along time since ive watched the film but I did enjoy watching stargate sg1 and atlantis.  not sure most people will remember the film and like me will remember the tv series fondly.  not sure how the film will turn out..