'Get out of here before I blow your head off'

A man who police say was attempting to rob a liquor store was in for quite a shock when the clerk he tried holding up pulled out a gun of his own.

According to The News Leader, the would-be robber pulled a gun on a man working at Beer 30, a liquor store in Marionville, Missouri.

Unbeknownst to him, the man behind the counter served 30 years in the military, including four tours of duty in Iraq. He also is a former prison guard, private investigator, professional extraditor of federal prisoners, and a proud owner of a Walther PPX 9 mm handgun.

That 9 mm belongs to Jon Lewis Alexander and was loaded with one in the chamber, which is the way he always carries it.

The security video was released to YouTube, you can watch it above (mobile users click here).

In the video, the suspect pulls a gun out but Alexander moves quickly, pushing the man's hand back with his left hand and pulling his 9 mm out with his right.

He pointed it at the man's mouth and, according to Alexander, he said "you need to get out of here before I blow your head off", after a second of consideration, the suspect turned and left.

source & video

post-37120-0-23028400-1378424574.jpg

Classic example of why just having a gun can deescalate things contrary to what some people think.

Well, to be more accurate, he pulled out the gun in order to defend himself and scare off the offender. It's also true that this guy seems to be very well trained and used to high tense situations. I don't know if just anyone could have reacted as smoothly and, for lack of a better word, professionally as he did.

Regardless, no one can argue with the results.  :laugh:

Do we know if the suspect has been apprehended yet?

Unbeknownst to him, the man behind the counter served 30 years in the military, including four tours of duty in Iraq. He also is a former prison guard, private investigator, professional extraditor of federal prisoners, and a proud owner of a Walther PPX 9 mm handgun.

That robber should have known that this is the default resume of a liquor store clerk here in Missouri... After that line of work, you've got two choices; sit behind the counter of Beer 30, or become a cop.

I'm more surprised that an Army Vet, Private Investigator, Prison Guard, etc... works at a liquor store.

Times are tough.

Or

Maybe it is a second job.

• Like 2

I'm more surprised that an Army Vet, Private Investigator, Prison Guard, etc... works at a liquor store.

I'd imagine after having that kind of life you might want to settle down and do something less dangerous/stressful.

Cool. And he had the restraint not to just start firing like a lunatic.

Show me a video like this where someone started firing like a lunatic.

Even if he did, he would have still done the right thing. Because now if the guy didn't learn his lesson, he might try and use that gun on someone else.

Show me a video like this where someone started firing like a lunatic.

Even if he did, he would have still done the right thing. Because now if the guy didn't learn his lesson, he might try and use that gun on someone else.

?? Errr....