First Trailer for 'Robocop' Remake

nah, the best sequel for the Robocp movies is the Robocop TV Series by Orion Pictures.

The only problem I have with that series is its less dark, and have less violence.

In some episode of that series, also explain the advantage of the totally non-organic arm

- Accurate aiming with minimum gun & arm movement.

- Gun safety mechanism which insure nobody else (except Robocop ofcourse) can use Robocop's powerful gun.

So if the baddy able to grab the Robo's weapon he wont able to firing it.

The series has better settings too, as the Robocop Advanced technology looks natural with its surrounding settings, In the current trailer, its look way too jagged.

A cyborg could have both of those advantages with a regular hand though.

It's "Bitches leave!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvi8Ehdt5XI

Seriously though, I'm getting tired of all the remakes from the movies from my youth (makes me feel old), but I think it looks good and has a good star cast so I'm going to wait and watch before final judgment.

Oops, you're right. My memory is failing me. (still an amazing movie) I was roughly 11 when the movie came out and watching it left a very deep impression on my psyche. Probably not ideal for such a young boy to watch but thank god for neighbor's mom who didn't give two craps.

Edit: On topic, I don't have much confidence in this remake. Looks horribly average and don't get me wrong, I love Samuel L Jackson but him showing up in more and more movies just puts a damper on his mystique and cool-factor.

REM2000, on 07 Sept 2013 - 17:07, said:

best comment i saw on twitter was that it's basically iron man 4 :s

Only similarity thusfar is the post production effects.

Even know at first i was very against this and still today i'm putting my foot down, really don't want this to happen but however seeing the trailer, has changed my mind slightly. But the suit.... they didn't put much thought into it at all, looks plastic... and how he got "blown up from the car" i want the same scene from the original film, gunned down!! want my over the top gore!!

Being a fan of the 2 Robocop movies (3 and prime directives were too horrible, lets forget for now they even exist) Ill atleast bite, could be interesting, would be nice to see some cameo roles, Kurtwood Smith isnt doing much these days, think he could come back as Clarence Boddicker?

I meant, why do need to remake anything? Why not add another chapter to the story?

be more original, not just remake an existing idea thats already been made.

OK yea, I think I see what you mean, in that retelling the origin story isn't perhaps as intrigining or fresh as telling a new original Robocop story.

the comment that i've seen about the new robocop:

- its Knight Rider's KITT

- its Judge Dredd

- its powersuit

- its Iron Man

- its mecha Batman

- its plastic

its probably the most identity ambiquity i've seen for a movie characters

• 1 month later...

It'll be interesting to see a more mobile, quicker version compared to the old and slow tank from the original series. 

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the latest trailer before the new Hunger Games film started. Me is disappoint. The acting looked awful, the plot was weak, it had some action. Any Die Hard movie would top this.

Saw the trailer yesterday, looks pretty good, reminded me of Dredd a little..

God no. Looks better than Dredd. S. Jackson, M. Keaton, and G. Oldman, plus the current state of Detroit, it has a good shot. I just don't know if the bad guys will be as psychopathically ruthless and violent as the original. Nor if the corporate corruption will be equally depraved in the remake. That level of depravity and the performances of the baddies are what made the original a classic. This will be feast or famine. I think it will do well if they remember to write a script to go along with the effects.

I will say they did not nail the classic line "Dead or Alive, you're coming with me." Total fail there. Also, with his wife being aware, that takes away a lot of the original storyline. :/

• 4 weeks later...